iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

Just did & he said the same exact thing as my other friend did.

Yes every rep says something else because they are not aware of the reservation & do not know what is going on. They are trying to tell you different things since they do not know what is going on. Store reps & costumer service reps do not get told what is going on with the phones from the warehouse. Rogers will never tell the store reps or costumer service anything like that.

Your phone like with the rest should be shipped out either tomorrow or sometime this week. Also it depends where you live. The warehouse that rogers has the phones is in Toronto so if you live lets say in BC or in AB you might get it the following week ( if Rogers does not take the faster method.)

I called ATT & i asked them about their Pre - order system & they told me that its the same as Rogers ( i had to explain how Rogers reservation system works). None of the reps i spoke to knew anything about how the pre - orders are & do not know any info about where the phones are & what stage they are in. That is like the Rogers reps. They give you & the rest of us different answers because they know nothing.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The warehouse is in Toronto ( York mills & don mills) & the head office is in Downtown Toronto. The UPS facility is in Concord, ONT. Everytime UPS picks up a item, they take it to the facility in Concord & that is the last location it will be before it gets shipped to the store.

Believe me. I had mine reserved at 5:44am on Friday the 7th & i was #17 in line. Went IN PROGRESS on Sunday the 9th. It showed IN PROGRESS till Friday morning while i was waiting outside of a Rogers Plus store. I had to tell my store i got one already since mine never said shipped the night before.

so tell us, do you like the phone Smiley Happy

I'm Here A Lot

Meomix, I'm in downtown Toronto. I could walk to Rogers' head office in about 15 minutes or maybe a little less. Being in Toronto doesn't seem to have shortened the time to go through "IN PROGRESS". It's now been IN PROGRESS for 3 business days, 4 days total. It's still IN PROGRESS.

So you're saying that the Rogers rep who told me that IN PROGRESS doesn't mean that there is necessarily a phone available for me at Rogers' warehouse was completely wrong? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I never said that did i? when a item is IN PROGRESS. the warehouse has it but its either taking a long time to get the label & shipping or they are waiting to see if there is any other reservation phones going to your store so they can put it on the same skid.

Costumer service & Store reps do not know anything about the shipments to the warehouse nor do they know any info when Apple will send phones to Rogers or how many phones ( size & color) the warehouse will get. They are not allowed to know that info. Same goes for every carrier in the world. The only people that know that stuff are the people that work at the warehouse & Head Managers & all at Rogers.
Like i said i called ATT ( yes i know long distance) & they told me the same thing. No rep nor store rep knows that stuff. All they know is when the shipment of phones of going to their store ( even then some stores never get told when they will get a phone shipment & just see it once UPS drops them off).

I've Been Here Awhile

Disclosure: I'm aware of how the reservation system works, how it's not a pre-order, etc. so spare me.

I reserved on the 7th in the morning, was #504 in line for a black 64GB phone. I've been in progress since the 13th. It's supposed to mean that Rogers has the phone in their warehouse and preparing it to ship to the store I selected. I've been very patient, but what's taking so long? Applying the . sticker on the box?

I doubt they are waiting to get enough phones to ship to my location; come on, I'm in Montreal.

What do you think could be holding up my phone?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You really do not get it do you.. They do that tho. They wait to see how many reservations are for montreal and how many they need of each unit. It's not as easy as you think it is. Yes they have your phone and most likely done packaging it but like I said they are waiting for more them 1 phone to ship out. They are not just going to ship each phone 1 by 1. That will take god knows how much time. Try per ordering with apple my friend. It will take u a good 2 - 3 weeks to get one. A buddy of mine is still waiting for a white 16gb one from apple.

I've Been Here Awhile

What I was saying is that I know they will not ship them one by one, and that I'm very surprised they would still be waiting to have enough to ship in Montreal. I'm just impatient to ditch my old iphone 3G.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Believe me everyone is but this is the only way. IT will take time for a phone that is on high demand to get them. Remember the warehouse is closed for the weekend & they start processing each order on Monday mornings.

Most likely you will get it either by the end of the week or next Monday. I have been noticing the pattern & it only takes a a week or so max for everyone to get the phone after it shows IN PROGRESS.
If you want call in all the Rogers plus stores or any authorized rogers dealer stores & see if they get any in stock. IF they do, go get one & just cancel the reservation. You just need to call the store it is going at & tell them when it ships you do not want it. Once you get the email its been shipped your $40 will get credited back to you.

I've Been Here Awhile

I know, but if you noticed, I've been in progress for 8 business days. I noticed the pattern too, that's the only reason I decided to post on the forum: I've not seen anyone be in progress for more than 5 business days!

Anyway, I'm complaining, but not really (if that makes any sense Smiley Tongue). I know I'll get it, but deep inside I wish I'd have gotten my phone within the same delay as most everyone else.

I've Been Around

quick comment, I noticed today they no longer have what number you are in the waitlist . .hmmm