iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

I was #17th for the black 32gb iphone 4s. I was actually the first 17th in line. Reserved it at 5:45am Friday morning.

Its still IN PROGRESS.

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

i was number 96 and it was i FINISHED and got the email at 6;02 am oct 7th

Targetsu
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, so much for nothing, no email, no iPhone waiting... What's the point of reserving a phone???

Thanks Rogers.

Since I had the day off last Friday, and not trusting Rogers at all to do anything right, I went to the Apple store in Waterloo, and walked away with a new White iPhone 4S 16GB.  I only took 2 hours in line, and an hour and a half to activate it on Rogers system.  Once again they dropped the ball, twice.  One for the reservation, and two, on the activation.

My Apple rep, tried at least 30 times to activate my phone, only to get nothing but errors on Rogers system.  He had to call it in, and we had to setup a paper transaction.  I can't wait for my bill, as I know this will get screwed up as well.

I like Rogers network, I like the speeds I get, etc.  But this reservation system, phone activation is embarrassing.  Seems like they haven't learned from the last iPhone 4 activation problems, and now the iPhone 4S activation problems.  Want to bet, it's not fixed for the iPhone 5 activations?

My reservation has said "In Progress" since Friday. Thanks for nothing, thanks for no email updates, thanks for making me wait for over an hour to activate my phone.   I'll be canceling my reservation, whenever, you decided to tell me it's ready for pickup.

My next iPhone will be unlocked... and so it begins...

alexisonfire92
I Plan to Stick Around

Once my iphone 4s has been marked "in progress" how long should I expect to wait until it changes to "shipped"?

Also, i chose to ship it to a 'telecommunications' location.  should i be concerned about the possibilty that it wont arrive, or that the store will sell it to a walk in customer?

thanks

sarnya
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it depends on where you live... a friend of mine was in Progress for one day before he got his. He had it shipped to a Rogers Plus store in downtown Toronto. Mine has been In Progress for 24 hours and I'm having it shipped to the same place as my friend so I'm hoping it arrives today or tomorrow.

If you sent it to telecom location outside of the GTA, it could take a few days. I believe your phone will originate in Concord, ON.

markdgal
I Plan to Stick Around

When I first asked this same question to the Rogers Customer Care/Retention rep on Mon Oct 17,  I was told 3-5 business days for "in progress" and then "shipped" state was 1-5 days depending on where you live. The system appears to be quicker now for most people once they start the "in progress" phase. From what I read local GTA is 1-2 days before going into 'shipped' state. Shipping in Ontario is usually 1 day or 2 days at the most. For the West, shipping is longer since it goes UPS ground - 3-5 business days.

Details have varied with some people being longer.

Some of the shipments are sent to the head office or distribution center of the smaller privately run Rogers' affiliates. The phone is shipped to the distribution center for these companies, sorted and then sent to the individual stores. This can add several days on to the process. 

These is some good reading and information over on Rogers Redboard. You can follow the link

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/rogers-reservation-system-iphone-4s-update/

alexisonfire92
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the info guys.  i wish a rogers rep had answered but i guess that would be too much to ask. Smiley Mad  Anyways, i got an email this morning that my phone had shipped and according to the tracking info in was delivered to concord, on.  i called the location that i had it shipped to and they told me that its at their head office in concord and will be delivered the the store likely in one day and that they would call me when its there (probably tomorrow).  i'm pretty impatient so i wish i could go get it right now.  i've already waited a week longer than anticipated.  but i'm glad that my store knows to hold it and call me and not give it to a walk in.  i'm stoked for tomorrow!

overall i have mixed feelings about the reservation system.  i shouldve gone to a store last friday and just bought one, but for anyone unable to do so this is the next fastest way to get it. hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

kirvanp
I've Been Here Awhile

The reservation system is useless. I was number 1000 in the country and still no phone. "In prgress" for days now. Back when I got my 3GS it took all morning to get it thanks to the rogers computer systems. Two years later and zero improvements. Sad.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To be honest you hating on Rogers because of the activation is pretty sad.

Look around & read the news. ATT, Verizon & Sprint have all the same problems. Every carrier has this problem.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2011/10/14/att-iphone-4s-buyers-running-into-could-not-activate-issues-h...

Now for the reservation.The point to the reservation was not waiting outside of the store at launch. Yes its pretty sad that some got it first ( like my self) but its first come first serve basis here. Rogers gets shipments every week on the iPhone's & if they get lets say 200 iPhone 4S 16gb. Those will go to the first 200 that reserved it first. You guys have not even thought about how it works do you?

In progress means that YOUR phone is in the warehouse. Now it takes 3-5 business days for them to get a label, box the phone, get the phone on a skid & wait to see if other reservations are going to your location. They also go by who was first before you. That is how it works my friend. If they see in lets say day 5 that your phone skid will not have any other reservation phones on it. Then they call UPS for them to come pick it up.
Rogers only gets a limited selection of phones. Apple stores have always gotten more because its their own store. Rogers, Bell, Telus & the rest are just carriers.
Look at the the states. They are having the same issue at ATT & Sprint.

Also Remember Saturday & Sunday Rogers warehouse & UPS is closed. So they will only work from Monday till Friday. I am sure they are doing the best they can. You guys just need to realize this.

I do not work for Rogers but i have a buddy that does & he told me how it goes down.

Joel52
I'm Here A Lot

Meomix, if you have another friend at Rogers, please ask him or her how it works too. You'll probably get a different answer than the one that you got from your first friend. I think they're making this up as they go along.