iPhone 4S: Rattling Sound...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 4S: Rattling Sound...

does anyone elses iphone 4s rattle, mine does. it almost sounds like a lens in the camera is loose, but the pictures are fine.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S: Rattling Sound...

The only way for them to give you a new one is if you are still under the 15 day policy ( that could have been changed from them). They give you a refurb'd one but everything is new on it. No Apple will not give you a unlocked one UNLESS yours was a unlocked iPhone. IF your iphone was locked to a carrier then they will give you a locked one to that carrier you have had it with.

Apple Store's have a hidden batch of iPhone 4S for replacements only. They are only able to hand those out for costumers that have problems with their current ones.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope/ Yours could be defective. I suggest you make a appointment with genius bar at your local Apple store & let them see what is wrong with it.

If anything it could be the lens not in place. They will give you a new / refurbished one ( in which the phone case, battery & all are new.)

I've Been Around

Mine does it too. And it sounds like it's a pretty common problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3392984?start=0&tstart=0

So common, that it may not be a problem. But annoying, yes.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes! So im not the only one with this after all.. I thought it was the vibrate moter since it has a different one than the iPhone 4 and sometimes on vibrate it will REALLY rattle LOUD. I am going to go back to the Rogers Plus I got mine from and explain it, if no go there on any possible replacement (without a charge here..) then ill try the Apple Store here.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The only way to get a replacement iPhone is threw the Apple store. Rogers will not replace the iPhone for you. Apple does that.

I suggest you make a appointment with the genius bar at your local Apple store & go in. If you have not appointment most of the times they will not take you till the end of the day.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ok thanks for that.. since where im going later today is near the Apple Store im just going to go there early and walk in, see what happens.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea just tell them the problem & see if there is a way they can fit you in & take care of it 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Question, when you go to apple store to get a replacement, how can they give you a replacement when the store never has stock? does this mean you would get a refurb'ed phone? Also, when apple replaces it, do they give you an unlocked phone?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The only way for them to give you a new one is if you are still under the 15 day policy ( that could have been changed from them). They give you a refurb'd one but everything is new on it. No Apple will not give you a unlocked one UNLESS yours was a unlocked iPhone. IF your iphone was locked to a carrier then they will give you a locked one to that carrier you have had it with.

Apple Store's have a hidden batch of iPhone 4S for replacements only. They are only able to hand those out for costumers that have problems with their current ones.

View solution in original post