iPhone 4 unable to connect to Rogers mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: iPhone 4 unable to connect to Rogers mail

So now I have a follow-up issue with the folders in my Mail app. There are now only folders for Inbox, VIP, Sent and Trash. All the other folders I have set up (which are still set up on my Rogers Yahoo mail on my desktop, laptop and Ipad) are gone from my phone.

Any idea how I can re-establish the same folders on my Iphone 4S?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@patti2012  When you add the email as "Other" you do not get the folders. When you add the email as Yahoo you will see the folders. If you prefer the folders i would suggest trying to re-add your email as Yahoo.

I tested my rogers email account and i was able to add it as Yahoo so if you are not able to re add your email as Yahoo looks your device is glitching out and you will mostly likely need to perform a backup and restore or a factory reset.

Another work around is downloading the Yahoo Mail app, you can link your Rogers.com email to it and it will display the folders but it wont use the native email application on iPhone.

Are you still having issues when you add the email as Yahoo?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

When I add the email as Yahoo I still get the original problem: Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server failed."

I guess I'll try the back up and reset option. Any tips for that?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@patti2012  Hmm seems like that’s the only option at this point as we know the email account is fine.

Google "backup and restore iPhone" and you will get to apple's support page with instructions. Click Here for the link.

In rare cases I’ve seen a backup still carry over the corrupted files and a complete factory reset is needed but hopefully you don't have to go through that. Try the backup and restore first.

You could also try "Reset all settings". Go to general > reset > reset all settings. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy. You don't lose any data just resets your settings.

Not sure if this will do anything but anythings worth a shot at this point.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

All is back to normal! Was going to do the backup, reset and restore this evening. But all of a sudden the email started working again. I think it was a Yahoo problem.
Thanks again for all the good advice.