iPhone 4 unable to connect to Rogers mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

iPhone 4 unable to connect to Rogers mail

hi.

Two days ago, I stopped receiving new emails from my rogers account on my iPhone (4S). I am using the iPhone default mail app. I kept getting "unable to connect to server" error messages. I can send a message and it will update in my "sent" folder but the new email will not come into my inbox on the phone. I can also save an email as draft and it will update in the draft folder.

So far I've tried:

- rebooting the phone

- ensuring I had the latest iOS update

- deleting the account from the phone and adding it again.

After adding it back, it verified the logion/password and all my folders displayed (including custom ones) but they are all empty, (except for any new sent and draft emails created after adding it). If I go to my inbox I see the status message at the bottom of the screen display as "connecting" then "Updated just now" but no emails are imported. The "unable to connect" messages no longer display, but still no mail.

I have a second Rogers account which I also access through my iPhone and it is working fine! No issues with Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Just this one Rogers account which is unfortunately the main one I use.

Any help greatly appreciated.

El

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: iPhone 4 unable to connect to Rogers mail

Welcome to the Community @patti2012 Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your issue, but you have come to the right place! Our users and Resident Experts have a lot of expertise and advice to share that may help resolve your problem!

As you are able to send and not receive, i would ask you to confirm that the incoming port in your email settings is set to the correct one. It should be pop.broadband.rogers.com, using SSL and the Server Port should be 995. Visit the email settings click on your email and look for advanced and you will see these settings. Or even try deleting the email account and adding as "Other" and manually inputting incoming and outgoing servers(I have pasted them below)

Are you having issues with your email on other platforms? Like your computer or webmail? If so,something could be up with your email account.

Also a good test would be trying out your email account on another device if possible. If you are able to send and receive with no issues on another device then we can conclude that your email account is fine and your device seems to be causing the issue. From your post i see you have already completed some troubleshooting steps such as deleting the email account and re-adding it(this helps alot!).

If you determine that your email account is fine and the device seems to be the cause of the issue, my last recommendation would be to perform a restore and add the email with the clean OS.

Here are our email port settings incase you need them.

Incoming Server: pop.broadband.rogers.com

Use SSL: Yes

Server Port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Server Port: 465

Hopefully this helps a bitSmiley Happy Let the community know how things are going and if you need any further assistance.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are there any members able to assist @ellenian ?

RogersDarrell

I'm Here A Lot

I am having the exact same problem, since about 24 hours ago. I've tried all the same fixes but still not getting any incoming emails. I can send emails from my phone but just get "Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server failed" error message when i check for incoming.

Please help!

p

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @patti2012 Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your issue, but you have come to the right place! Our users and Resident Experts have a lot of expertise and advice to share that may help resolve your problem!

As you are able to send and not receive, i would ask you to confirm that the incoming port in your email settings is set to the correct one. It should be pop.broadband.rogers.com, using SSL and the Server Port should be 995. Visit the email settings click on your email and look for advanced and you will see these settings. Or even try deleting the email account and adding as "Other" and manually inputting incoming and outgoing servers(I have pasted them below)

Are you having issues with your email on other platforms? Like your computer or webmail? If so,something could be up with your email account.

Also a good test would be trying out your email account on another device if possible. If you are able to send and receive with no issues on another device then we can conclude that your email account is fine and your device seems to be causing the issue. From your post i see you have already completed some troubleshooting steps such as deleting the email account and re-adding it(this helps alot!).

If you determine that your email account is fine and the device seems to be the cause of the issue, my last recommendation would be to perform a restore and add the email with the clean OS.

Here are our email port settings incase you need them.

Incoming Server: pop.broadband.rogers.com

Server Port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Server Port: 465

Hopefully this helps a bitSmiley Happy Let the community know how things are going and if you need any further assistance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply. I'm able to access emails normally on my laptop and ipad. On my phone, I went to settings, email, advanced but nowhere does it show any server info/settings. On the preceeding screen, under Yahoo Account Information, it shows an Outgoing mail server but that's it. How can I set the incoming server?
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@patti2012 No problemSmiley Happy Hmm seems like you have your Rogers email added as a Yahoo email(still works). Different email accounts have different settings from what i remember when your email is added as yahoo you can’t access that page. Try deleting the account and add it as "other" and use the incoming and outgoing settings pasted above. Choose POP as well you will see it at the top in blue when you are at the page asking you to input the servers.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It worked! I was able to delete and manually re-add my email under 'other'. I input the server settings you suggested under POP and it worked. BTW SSl and Port were not listed.
Thanks so much
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@patti2012 Nice im a glad i was able to helpSmiley Happy! and correct the email system will attempt to gather that information from the server and if successful it completes without you needing to manually enter the port and ssl settings.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i don't see 'Accept as Solution' in the options menu
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@patti2012 Since you didn’t originally create this thread/topic you will not be able to accept as solution only the user who created the thread/topic or a Moderator would be able too. If you ever have another question and you create a thread/topic for it you will be able to accept as solution. I will accept the solution for you though! Hope your liking Community so far there are a lot of people here willing to help so don’t hesitate to ask something!. Hope to see you back! Smiley Happy