iPhone 4 simcard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 4 simcard

I'm thinking of buying an iPhone 4 from apple. I've been told my SIM card won't work and I need a slim SIM card. I have a great talk and text plan now and don't want a data plan, I want to use my iPhone with wifi when available. Can I just go into Rogers and get a slim SIM card and keep my plan or will they make me get a data plan?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4 simcard

Hello Celeste200

You are welcome!.

You can activate it online via My Rogers - Overview - Change Sim Card. You will need to put the old sim card number & then underneath there will be another box to add the new sim card number. Do that & it should activate automatically.

If you want, you can call Rogers & the rep will activate it for you when you give them the sim card number. All they will do is activate that new sim to your account. That will be all :).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Celeste200

All you need to do it go to a Rogers store or a future shop or best buy and buy a Rogers Micro Sim Card. Then you just need to activate the card in your account. They can force you get the data plan BUT remember, if the phone I using 3G, that mean you will be charged data. Turn off data on the settings. Also are you buying the iPhone 4 outright from Apple?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm thinking of buying from apple. I bought one from kijiji a 3GS but was able to return it as it kept turning off all the time. I just want a good phone but don't want to be forced to pay for a data plan as I really don't need one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Celeste200

If you are buying it full price from Apple, then all you need to do is activate the Micro sim card you are buying on uour account or PayGo. Like i said you are NOT going to be needed to add a data plan. The only way to add that is if you are buying the phone from Rogers as a new activation or upgrade which you are not.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your help! Should I activate it online or in store?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Celeste200

You are welcome!.

You can activate it online via My Rogers - Overview - Change Sim Card. You will need to put the old sim card number & then underneath there will be another box to add the new sim card number. Do that & it should activate automatically.

If you want, you can call Rogers & the rep will activate it for you when you give them the sim card number. All they will do is activate that new sim to your account. That will be all :).

View solution in original post