iPhone 4 locked to Rogers Carrier

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 4 locked to Rogers Carrier

Hello, i'm from Russia, and i bought iPhone 4 in Canada locked to Rogers Carrier. I just want to know if i can unlock it via a phone call to their support. Is it possible?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4 locked to Rogers Carrier

When you bought it, did you buy it outright from Rogers? or did you get it on a contract?

If you want Rogers to unlock it, you must meet certain criteria and you must pay $50. The criteria include:

1.No contract on phone remaining
2.your account is in good standing
3.phone is in your device history (if you bought it from them it already is)

*** UPDATE ***

Just a little update and for future reference:

You can still get your phone unlocked even if you are under contract provided you have had the phone active on your account for at least 90 days.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

When you bought it, did you buy it outright from Rogers? or did you get it on a contract?

If you want Rogers to unlock it, you must meet certain criteria and you must pay $50. The criteria include:

2.your account is in good standing

*** UPDATE ***

Just a little update and for future reference:

You can still get your phone unlocked even if you are under contract provided you have had the phone active on your account for at least 90 days.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I got it from hands, in Canada, and i don't know where it was bought. How do i know if it is in good standing? Is there any ways to get it to know?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Sadly Rogers will not unlock it for you seeing as you are not the first owner of the phone and the phone is in Russian and not in Canada for it to be on a account with Rogers. The only way to get Rogers to unlock it is having the original person who bought the phone and have them call Rogers to unlocm it. The best thing to do is jailbreak the iPhone 4 and unlock like that.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your help!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

iphone 4 unlock ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Please Delete the IMEI number seeing as anyone can track the phone with that..

Also like i said. Please read the above post.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,

My iphone 4 8GB that is bought by my uncle from rogers, And he send this to Viet Nam for me.

In order to purchase the unlock code, My uncle can contact to Rogers for unlocking my iphone? And the price is $50?

Thanks,

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

He can but was it bought outright? Also do you know if his contract with Rogers ended the 3 years on it? seeing as the iPhone 4 8GB was released in Oct 14th 2011 as well i really doubt he finished the 3 years but ask him if he bought it outright.

If he bought it with a contact the ONLY way for him to get the unlock code is ask Rogers many times but really doubt that would work. Here are the policies for the unlock code from Rogers:

2.your account is in good standing ( seeing as its your uncles i really hope its in a Good standing.)

If all this is fine, then Rogers will give him the unlock code BUT he needs the devices in order to do this seeing as they give him instructions on how to do it.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello!
My iphone 3GS 32GB that is bought (07.30.2009) from Rogers without plan and to lock Rogers Carier. I would like to unlock it
is it possible to do and how I can do it.