iPhone 4 SIM in iPad

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

iPhone 4 SIM in iPad

I want to order a SIM off the Rogers website (because I can't be bothered to go to the nearest store) to buy a micro SIM for my iPad, but the website seems to suggest that this SIM will only work in an iPhone 4, and not in an iPad. 

The hardware should be exactly the same.  Would I have any issues with doing this?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: iPhone 4 SIM in iPad

There are actually different SIM cards; depending on what your trying to do.

If you have an iPad thats never been set up on the network then you would need to get a Pre-Activated Micro SIM card to allow you to sign up for your data plan and create your account with Rogers. These can be obtained from any store that sells iPad (Apple Store, Rogers Plus, FutureShop/BestBuy, Etc).

If you need a new SIM for an already active iPad then you need the same SIM that an iPhone4 would use. Also if your looking to have data sharing enabled between the iPad and a different device then you can use a normal iPhone4 SIM.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I really don't see why this wouldn't work.. I have a feeling they say that on the site because they are only thinking about iphone vs other phones and not considering the ipad.. I have a feeling they say it because the micro sim won't fit properly in phones other than iphone 4...

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

There are actually different SIM cards; depending on what your trying to do.

If you have an iPad thats never been set up on the network then you would need to get a Pre-Activated Micro SIM card to allow you to sign up for your data plan and create your account with Rogers. These can be obtained from any store that sells iPad (Apple Store, Rogers Plus, FutureShop/BestBuy, Etc).

If you need a new SIM for an already active iPad then you need the same SIM that an iPhone4 would use. Also if your looking to have data sharing enabled between the iPad and a different device then you can use a normal iPhone4 SIM.

Cheers!

View solution in original post