iPhone 4 One Way Audio Problem - Rogers Support Deploreable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

iPhone 4 One Way Audio Problem - Rogers Support Deploreable

For the last few months I have been having the following problem;

I make a phone call and I can hear the person on the other end but they cannot hear me. At first it was intermittant but now it is constant. I contacted Rogers support over two weeks ago and we ran a bunch of tests and they had my try various things but to no avail.

The microphone is working because I can record voice memos and play them back.

Rogers determined that it had to be a network problem and that the phone itself is not the problem. I went a step further and got a new SIM card but the problem persists.

I have not received any updates from Rogers and when I call they just tell me that it is being worked on. I have spoken to a number of managers but they are unhelpful and seem to just want to get rid of me.

At this point as you can imagine I am very frustrated and am about to cancel my service as my phone is essentially unusable.

I had to laugh at Rogers offer to pay have of the cost to replace my phone when they in fact admit the problem is not the phone.

Any suggestions as to what I can do or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Im flabergasted at Rogers poor support on this but I guess I shouldnt really be surprised

Any suggestions welcomed

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone 4 One Way Audio Problem - Rogers Support Deploreable

Did you try a factory restore on the phone? If its a software based issue, this should reset everything.

Usually in a case like this, the first level people, have to refer it to he engineers, etc. these are the people you are waiting on. Unfortunately there is no way to direct contact them. The managers/reps really won't be able to do any thing, it's beyond their knoledge to fix :(. The engineering level needs a better way of keeping in contact with us, even if a web based ticket thing or something.

If you don't already have it, make sure to get one of the managers names and the ticket number. With this you can escalate it to the office of the president, etc, through the complaint contact section. Maybe you'll get some results that way.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone 4 One Way Audio Problem - Rogers Support Deploreable

Did you try a factory restore on the phone? If its a software based issue, this should reset everything.

Usually in a case like this, the first level people, have to refer it to he engineers, etc. these are the people you are waiting on. Unfortunately there is no way to direct contact them. The managers/reps really won't be able to do any thing, it's beyond their knoledge to fix :(. The engineering level needs a better way of keeping in contact with us, even if a web based ticket thing or something.

If you don't already have it, make sure to get one of the managers names and the ticket number. With this you can escalate it to the office of the president, etc, through the complaint contact section. Maybe you'll get some results that way.

View solution in original post