cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4: Data Overage with Facebook Timeline

jugghead2011
I'm Here A Lot

Is it possible that ever since activating facebook timeline that my data usage (iso iphone 4/ 500mb) has skyrocketted to going over all within a week?

anyone else notice this? 

my data usage habits are the same for the past 10 months and this is the first time ever that I went up so fast and over too.

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone 4: Data Overage with Facebook Timeline

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I would suggest make a appointment with the genius bar at your closest Apple store & taking the phone in & asking them what it going on. They will most likely swap you with another iPhone 4 they have ( same model & color as yours).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Are you sure you are not leaving any apps on or anything like that? i know you said your data habbits are the same for the past 10 months but just to make sure tho. Also i have not noticed anything on my side while using facebook timeline. Maybe someone else is

i have had apps on all the time - and i havent seen this much high data usage before.

i found another article from the fall, something to do with Apple's operating system and the iphone - icloud possibly?
it looks like if shut off my network and see what happens with the data usage - it may be that?

right now I have everything shut off, but its just really odd that all of a sudden my data usage hits the roof.

jxjan
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI iphone 4s uses 3x as much data as 4. 

i have had iphone 4 for 10 months and this past week is the only time it went sky high on the data so quickly

and i dont even use icloud.
my data has typically been under the 500mb, until now.
Geesh!! lol

I dont know if I'm allowed to post a link, but this is from Apple forums and began in the fall of 2011, up until today's date (Feb 6, 2012) there appears to be a "leak" in data usage.

Not sure if my link will work, but here it is:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3410990?start=90&tstart=0

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are allowed to post links that will help him out. Yes there has been a leak with data issues but i have not heard anyone here in Canada have that issue. Also do realize that most of the people posting are telling you to double click on the home button & close all the apps that are on.

I am in Canada, with Rogers.

yes I have done the close network thing, closed all apps too.
And will check it in the morning - but I still don't know how this will fix it self?? I guess I wait for Apple to fix it.
My roommate has iphone 3/same operating system, 500mb too, and is not affected by this.

I just wish I knew why now - and that is why I originally wondered if it had anything to do with activating Facebook timeline the same week.

Ok thanks for the feedback.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I would suggest make a appointment with the genius bar at your closest Apple store & taking the phone in & asking them what it going on. They will most likely swap you with another iPhone 4 they have ( same model & color as yours).

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation