iPhone 4: Data Overage with Facebook Timeline

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

iPhone 4: Data Overage with Facebook Timeline

Is it possible that ever since activating facebook timeline that my data usage (iso iphone 4/ 500mb) has skyrocketted to going over all within a week?

anyone else notice this? 

my data usage habits are the same for the past 10 months and this is the first time ever that I went up so fast and over too.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4: Data Overage with Facebook Timeline

I would suggest make a appointment with the genius bar at your closest Apple store & taking the phone in & asking them what it going on. They will most likely swap you with another iPhone 4 they have ( same model & color as yours).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Are you sure you are not leaving any apps on or anything like that? i know you said your data habbits are the same for the past 10 months but just to make sure tho. Also i have not noticed anything on my side while using facebook timeline. Maybe someone else is

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i have had apps on all the time - and i havent seen this much high data usage before.

i found another article from the fall, something to do with Apple's operating system and the iphone - icloud possibly?
it looks like if shut off my network and see what happens with the data usage - it may be that?

right now I have everything shut off, but its just really odd that all of a sudden my data usage hits the roof.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI iphone 4s uses 3x as much data as 4. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i have had iphone 4 for 10 months and this past week is the only time it went sky high on the data so quickly

and i dont even use icloud.
my data has typically been under the 500mb, until now.
Geesh!! lol

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I dont know if I'm allowed to post a link, but this is from Apple forums and began in the fall of 2011, up until today's date (Feb 6, 2012) there appears to be a "leak" in data usage.

Not sure if my link will work, but here it is:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3410990?start=90&tstart=0

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are allowed to post links that will help him out. Yes there has been a leak with data issues but i have not heard anyone here in Canada have that issue. Also do realize that most of the people posting are telling you to double click on the home button & close all the apps that are on.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am in Canada, with Rogers.

yes I have done the close network thing, closed all apps too.
And will check it in the morning - but I still don't know how this will fix it self?? I guess I wait for Apple to fix it.
My roommate has iphone 3/same operating system, 500mb too, and is not affected by this.

I just wish I knew why now - and that is why I originally wondered if it had anything to do with activating Facebook timeline the same week.

Ok thanks for the feedback.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I would suggest make a appointment with the genius bar at your closest Apple store & taking the phone in & asking them what it going on. They will most likely swap you with another iPhone 4 they have ( same model & color as yours).

View solution in original post