cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 Broken Speaker

kaellsak
I've Been Around

So I've had my iPhone 4 for 18mths now and well...

- When receiving an incoming call, the phone no longer rings (it does vibrate)

- There is no sound on any calls made or received. The call will go through but unless I put it on speaker-phone mode, I would never even know it. Unless I use the speaker-phone, I can't hear anyone on the other end of the line and they cannot hear me (and the volume on speaker-phone is still very low). 

- Also, incoming and outgoing texts no longer make any noise. 

- I've double-checked all of the settings and they seem right to me - the volume is on it's highest and it is not on silent. The headphones are not plugged in and the phone recognizes that no headphones are in use. 

Any idea what the problem is and whether or not it is repairable? Also, I do not have an extended warranty so this would be an out-of-warranty repair - if it is fixable, what kind of cost would I be looking at??

Thanks. 

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone 4 Broken Speaker

RogersAndrewNP
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello kaellsak,

Have you tried to update the OS and restore the phone to new? Did that help? If that didn't help I would suggest speaking with Apple in regards to repair options.

Thanks,

RogersAndrewNP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: iPhone 4 Broken Speaker

RogersAndrewNP
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello kaellsak,

Have you tried to update the OS and restore the phone to new? Did that help? If that didn't help I would suggest speaking with Apple in regards to repair options.

Thanks,

RogersAndrewNP

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation