cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air only gets 3G

Geezer
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got my new iPad Air home and turned on Cellular service (Rogers) and all I can get is 3G!

The SIM card is LTE capable and I get 4G service with my Rocket Hub from the same location, so I am wondering what is going on! The 3G service is about as fast as an arthritic snail and the only acceptable way is to turn off cellular and go with WiFi from my Rocket Hub. Darn!

*** Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: iPad Air only gets 3G

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Is any member of the Community able to assist Geezer with their connectivity issue?

RogersDarrell

Re: iPad Air only gets 3G

Geezer
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is what has happened...

I took my iPad back to Rogers and they investigated. What they discovered was that whereas my SIM card was LTE enabled, when my account at Rogers was brought up it was discovered that the iPad had not been LTE enabled. This is very strange since I double and triple checked in the System Preferences app and LTE was enabled! This is apparently something that is done at the Rogers web site right after an LTE card is inserted and it had been neglected.

Anyway, I do have LTE enabled and it works like a veritable rocket when I am connected. But back home I am just outside of the LTE area and can't quite get it. A short drive down my road and I am able to get LTE, but not anywhere on my property.

So I am stuck with 3G! For some reason the display does not show 4G or 3G+ but it now seems to be at about the same speed as the 4G that the ZTE Hub delivers.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation