cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 wifi calling issue

darkhorse2800
I Plan to Stick Around

Yesterday I have deactivated my Rogers one number to get the wifi calling to work in my iPhone 6. Since then I am being able to turn on the wifi calling in my phone but it goes away every now and then even though the wifi calling is on. Anyone else having this problem?

***Edited Labels***

159 REPLIES 159

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Dx9
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Wifi calling works fine on the iPhone. Maybe call tech support to help setup. Wifi calling works on my wife's phone just fine

2xbass
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe what you were told is not correct at all. It works fine on my phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @LitLdy

Doesn't work with any other company? What does that supposed to mean as all iPhones that are from iPhone 5S and above work with WiFi Calling. Also none Rogers branded iPhones will work. It seems once again the rep gave the incorrect information

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

Its completely crazy. Between calling Rogers and chat support I have spoken to at least 20 different people in the last 2 days. 18 of them said wi-fi calling no longer works with any company. The 19th person said it does not work with my plan. So, I called Apple and they said it works fine with all carriers that offer wi-fi calling with the recent update 9.3 and told me they can setup a 3 way tech support conversation between them, Myself and Rogers to resolve the issue. I spoke to the 20th person today and he said that it does work and he is sending the issue to higher up to figure out why it is not working because it WILL work with my plan. Before this I tried Rogers One Number app for a few hours yesterday that works on iPhones, iPads and your computer which gives you free unlimited calling and texting on your wi-fi through the app. Of course the app had issues of 911 address not showing up on the iPhone but showing up on the on the iPad. So they decided to fix it by... yes.... deleting my Rogers One Number account and telling me I have to wait 24 hours to sign back up. Nice! Since my area does not have a signal for cell phones 24 hours without a usable phone. 24 hours later I signed back up (today) .... it was worse! 911 didn't show up and contacts would not update. So... yes again... they deleted my account again and told me to sign back up again! How on earth is that going to fix the bugs in the app? So, again no working phone at home. Soo, now it will not let me sign back up. 24 hours longer? Oh, I am having sooo much fun!!! I am sure I have forgotten to include something here but you get the idea. There is my rant for the moment.

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

I also gave them my IMEI number and it still did not work. They also asked me to do what another said they had to do.

Turn Off my Wifi

Reset Network Settings (Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings)

Once phone restarted connect to wifi again and set up wifi calling.

That didnt work for me. Smiley Sad I am trying and I have talked to so many people through tech support on the phone and through chat that I am really getting fed up. 

Hey @LitlLdy

What error message are you getting when attempting to activate Wifi Calling?

Have you read our How-To's Post for Wifi-Calling? It has good information and also has compatiblity requirements.

In regards to RogersOne Number, as stated on the How-To guide, it can not be active at the same time as Wifi Calling.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

I was aware of what was required before I switched to Rogers. They are the ones that set up the account and plan required to have wi-fi calling.

I attached message below, I did contact them many many times which shows in my previous messages on here along with the reasons why it did not get activated.

Yes, I am well aware they can not be activated at the same time. I did not try to.

Hey @LitlLdy,

Thank you for the clarification,

I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums or click here: http://bit.ly/YourInbox

Thanks,
RogersShakir

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

After speaking to at least 20 tech support people between on the phone and chat its highly unlikely that one on here can fix what the 20 others that work for Rogers could not fix.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I have the same problem with this feature on my wife's iPhone. I have not called in yet but tried all the steps listed in this entire thread.

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope that you're experience is much better then mine when you do call tech support. Please let me know how it goes. I wonder if it is possible that we have a defective sim?

Hi @LitlLdy,

I can definitely understand the inconveniences of your situation and just wanted to jump in here to add my insight. You've made a valuable point in regards to possible defective SIM card. It's always recommended to troubleshoot before calling into technical support again, I've seen cases where the Wi-Fi calling works perfectly fine then stops working for no reason or stops working after restoring the iPhone, with the same message prompting the user to contact the carrier. I normally suggest trying process of elimination where's it's either a setting in the device, the device itself, the SIM card or something in the account. If possible testing your SIM card in another Rogers device is a quick way to eliminate or see if it's an issue with the device.

If you have already went over the How To & FAQs: iOS 9 WiFi Calling. For @Pauly or those of you in the community receiving the "contact your carrier "error message for Wi-Fi calling. Please send us a Private Message to  @CommunityHelps. You can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

RogersArthur

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried everything possible that I can think of and have researched before contacting them. I don't have another rogers device to see if my sim will behave different in it. I am not tech support, it is their job to trouble shoot issues with their service. I am not the only person having this issue. There are many other people having this same problem. I have never had Wi-Fi calling with Rogers or any other service with Rogers. I just signed up for an account with them 2 days ago.

I have already replied to messages from @CommunityHelps one hour ago. I am waiting for a response back from the information I provided to someone.

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
Since its new phone contract, you might still be within the return policy depending on the conditions. I say return it. Do another contract with a new iPhone. Don't leave the store without wifi calling working. If they said it takes 24 hours for the feature to activate, tell them you'll pickup the phone the next day.

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

@lovepup_98 wrote:
Since its new phone contract, you might still be within the return policy depending on the conditions. I say return it. Do another contract with a new iPhone. Don't leave the store without wifi calling working. If they said it takes 24 hours for the feature to activate, tell them you'll pickup the phone the next day.

New phone contract? New iPhone? Don't you mean new sim? I think you missed some of my messages on here. 

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
I read all your previous comments. I think it's easier to return it for a refund. Then sign another contract, get a new iPhone and new sim. Make sure the wifi calling feature works inside the store using their wifi. Otherwise, you'll end up waiting until Rogers acknowledge the problem and speaking to endless techs who will all tell you different information with no solution in sight.

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

@lovepup_98 wrote:
I read all your previous comments. I think it's easier to return it for a refund. Then sign another contract, get a new iPhone and new sim. Make sure the wifi calling feature works inside the store using their wifi. Otherwise, you'll end up waiting until Rogers acknowledge the problem and speaking to endless techs who will all tell you different information with no solution in sight.

You could be right but it would take a long time to return my iPhone to apple and get a new one back again then do one hours driving to the superstore for a new rogers sim card and hope that fixes the problem that so many people on here are having like I am. It's hard to imagine all of us on here that are reporting the same problem with rogers wifi calling are going to do what you're suggesting. But maybe it will work for all of us. 

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
I thought you bought the phone from Rogers Store. Not sure if the SIM card swap will really fix the issue. Couple months ago, I swapped the sim and it did not fix it. I even replaced my phone under warranty with Apple for a different issue and the replacement had the same problem. Eventually, Rogers had to manually update my record with my existing IMEI number which solved my problem. My wifi calling feature has been working ever since. Not sure why you've been told by so many Rogers techs that the feature is not available anymore. Hope it's resolved soon!

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

@lovepup_98 wrote:
I thought you bought the phone from Rogers Store. Not sure if the SIM card swap will really fix the issue. Couple months ago, I swapped the sim and it did not fix it. I even replaced my phone under warranty with Apple for a different issue and the replacement had the same problem. Eventually, Rogers had to manually update my record with my existing IMEI number which solved my problem. My wifi calling feature has been working ever since. Not sure why you've been told by so many Rogers techs that the feature is not available anymore. Hope it's resolved soon!

The last one I spoke to on the phone (using my FreeTone calling app since I don't have a phone at home that works yet) today added my IMEI to my account (which I repeatedly asked the others to do but for some reason would not) so now it shows I have an actual iPhone and now they are working on the issue of activating wifi calling on their end. He didn't seem to like that he was the 20th tech support I've spoken to with such bad information and incorrect information along with my posts on here. So we will see what happens... Meantime I am paying for a cell phone service I have not used yet!  Good news about this forum between all of us with the same issue one of us might fix it for all of us ha-ha or go else where 😉 Apple even offered to do a 3 way call with Rogers tech support to see what their issue is. 

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I have spoken to Rogers tech support again... I was told that there was an error on the network side when the wifi calling was provisioned and that it can take up to 72 hours for resolution. The ticket is open but has not been actioned yet and that it has nothing to do with my sim card, that there was an error on the network that needs fixing.

So, I have already waited 24 hours since yesterday morning when I was told to wait 24 hours and now another 72 hours on top of that before I "may be able" to use my phone! Isn't that nice? So maybe that's the issue some of you are also having?

LitlLdy
I Plan to Stick Around

Today is going on 4 days that I still can't use my iPhone with Rogers wi-fi calling. I have not been able to since I received my sim card from Rogers 4 days ago and activated my service with Rogers. I am hoping by tomorrow they will fix the network issue that they said they are having so that I can use my phone with wi-fi calling. If not I may try Rogers One Number app again and see if it will work yet. Otherwise I will go with SugarMobile so I can use my phone through wi-fi and have a working phone service at home along with away from home.

@LitlLdy wrote:

Well, I have spoken to Rogers tech support again... I was told that there was an error on the network side when the wifi calling was provisioned and that it can take up to 72 hours for resolution. The ticket is open but has not been actioned yet and that it has nothing to do with my sim card, that there was an error on the network that needs fixing.

So, I have already waited 24 hours since yesterday morning when I was told to wait 24 hours and now another 72 hours on top of that before I "may be able" to use my phone! Isn't that nice? So maybe that's the issue some of you are also having?

Topic Stats