cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 wifi calling issue

darkhorse2800
I Plan to Stick Around

Yesterday I have deactivated my Rogers one number to get the wifi calling to work in my iPhone 6. Since then I am being able to turn on the wifi calling in my phone but it goes away every now and then even though the wifi calling is on. Anyone else having this problem?

***Edited Labels***

159 REPLIES 159

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

I was having the same issue with my new 6s.  I contacted technical support through live chat and they had to disable my rogers one number account for it to work.  I had already deleted the app but the entire account had to be disabled.  I don't know if there is a way to do that without technical support doing that.  I am sure there is.  Anyway, he said it would take 24 hours once he had disabled it and sure enough the next morning it worked perfectly. 

Hi @Phillipsjonny,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Community! Smiley Happy

The Rogers One Number and Wi-Fi calling are not compatible on the same line. We also have a helpful Wi-Fi Calling vs. Rogers One posted by one of our Community members @wai_613, you can click here to check it out.

Also for @jackthecompguy when a "contact your carrier" message is received using any option provided by the carrier, this normally indicates the option in the plan is missing a feature, not compatible or not meeting the eligibility requirements. We can definitely look into that for you, just let us know.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

Thanks guys. But like i said, these are all new lines (1 ported in early Sept, other last week) and RON hasn't been set up at all. My line which has been on Rogers for about a year on the other hand works flawlessly on WiFi calling.

Hi @jackthecompguy,

I understand you have iPhones (a 6s and a 5s) not working with Wi-Fi calling, we can definitely look into this for you. I may need to access your account, I've already sent you a private message from our @CommunityHelps inbox. When you are logged into the forums, please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

ThePunisher
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi Arthur, I too have not been able to activate wifi calling, keeps saying to call carrier. I don't have Rogers one number. Can you help ?? Thanks.

StevePhone
I've Been Here Awhile

I've just had my WiFi calling enabled but when in WiFi Rogers mode on my iPhone 6S plus it doesn't allow me to send or receive texts to non-iPhone users. iMessage works that makes sense since its data anyway but something must be wrong with normal texts in wifi calling mode. Anyone else have this issue or is it a setup issue on Rogers end?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @StevePhone

My iPhone 6S Plus works just fine on Rogers WiFi Calling. Maybe it's something with your account or maybe u need to reset ur device and see if that will fix it?

StevePhone
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Meowmix,

Are you certain you are SMS'ing a non-iMessage user while in Rogers WiFi mode (switch airplane mode on, switch wifi on)?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @StevePhone

Yes u am. Most of my co-workers and friends have Android so it works just fine when connected to WiFi Calling with Rogers

dieselx
I Plan to Stick Around
Noticed if I am even dialing a local number I have to dial "1" then the area code to make a call. Anyone else?

Goulz
I've Been Here Awhile

Same issue here. Have had an ESA ticket open with the network team for over a month, now. Unfortunately, it seems that having an iPhone 6 that was unlocked from another carrier prevents Wifi calling from working. Sad, because I litterally have no service in my basement, and keep missing calls.

I have exactly the same issue. I've been on the phone with rogers support half the day and they've finally said they can't do anymore to get it working.  Asked me to go to a rogers store and ask them to do a device tune up... whatever that is. Failiing that they said a backup and restore my iphone should do it.

They claim it's caused by the latest iphone update which can cause glitches on some phones. 

I did have wifi Calling working for two weeks and now it's not working and I get the same message asking to have my carrier activate it for this account. Frustration plus.

Johnhasselfield
I've Been Around

Rogers help didn't
Is there a way to set up phone to use WiFi even though Rogers reset their OK on the account

iphone 6s ios 9.0.2

my wifi calling not working today.

it was working fine for me yesterday, but since i wake up today i cant enable the wifi calling on my phone.

Hello @fengjun326

Are you not seeing the "WiFi Rogers" on the status bar? Or the actual toggle in the settings is off?

RogersAsif

Goulz
I've Been Here Awhile

Just received the e-mail I dreaded.

"It has been determined that non-Rogers Apple iPhone devices are not eligible at this time. Please note it will be necessary to use a Rogers device to enable Wi-Fi Calling."

Very unfortunate.

dieselx
I Plan to Stick Around
So unlocked from Apple Store won't be working either?

Good morning @dieselx,

To use Wi-Fi Calling, you will need:

• An iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 plus and the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus device with iOS 9 installed (must be purchased through Rogers or Fido)
• The Wi-Fi Calling feature enabled on the device
• A monthly voice and data wireless plan, please note that prepaid customers are not eligible for use of Wi-Fi Calling at this time

So unfortunately an unlocked device purchased through Apple would not be eligible for the Wi-Fi calling feature.

@RogersGabrielle

dieselx
I Plan to Stick Around
No wonder 3/4 of the time it didn't work. Brutal. That was a waste when I need that feature. Was the reason I switched from the Note 5 to the iPhone. One thing after the other with Rogers.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Not sure about that requirement to be honest.

My iPhone was purchased directly from Apple.ca unlocked and WiFi Calling does work.

Sure some of the time it's not, but that's the same issue that users that purchased a Rogers iPhone 6s are having as well.

There is absolutely no difference between the hardware or software that you buy from Apple or from Rogers; the only possible requirement would be to give your IMEI to Rogers to add to your account, aside from that, there are no differences.

3 weeks ago when WiFi calling was launced on Rogers, all you needed was an iPhone 6/6s and iOS 9.1

Now you are changing the rules saying we need an iPhone purchased from Rogers/Fido? What difference does it make if we buy the phone unlocked from Apple direct, or from Rogers? The Software and Hardware is identical, also Rogers has our IMEI in their system already, even if you don't buy a phone from them, they can see the IMEI of any device on the network. I am outragged that Rogers would change the policy 3 weeks after launching saying now it only works on phones bought from Rogers/Fido.

Where I live I have poor reception, so WiFi calling made all the difference for me. If Rogers keeps the policy of only Rogers bought phones using WiFi calling then I will switch to Bell so I can get good reception and make phone calls. I don't understand why Rogers would limit this feature, WiFi calling HELPS Rogers by taking a load of their towers, and giving people a way of using their phones where they don't have reception... and with Rogers that is a lot of places!

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats