iOS 6x is causing a major data leak??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

iOS 6x is causing a major data leak??

I've had an iPhone in Canada since day 1...I've also had the $30/MTH - 6GB of data plan since day one too. I can honestly say I've never gone over my data plan...I don't think I've even ever reached 5GB out of the 6 provided.

Anyhow, last Thursday I received a message from Rogers saying I've gone over my data plan and they are adding an extra $50 to my bill for the overage. No more then 2 days later I received another text from Rogers saying they are adding another $50 to my account because I again went over the extra GB I just paid for.

I'll be the first to admit I do tether...but I also have the Rogers app which tracks my data usage and I ALWAYS stop tethering when I reach 3.5GB (no matter where I am throughout the month, I'll never tether past 3.5GB) So clearly the tethering isn't the issue. When at work I am connected to a WIFI network...the router sits in my office, so it's not like I'm losing connection and just don't realize it's being switched back over to my cellular network.

I've done some web searching and have read this problem seems to be wide spread...weather you live in Canada, the US or in Europe. It appears to be an iOS issue, which would explain why this is happening to so many users.

I called Rogers and they said to call Apple...I called Apple, they told me to call Rogers. As usual, these companies which wait with their hands open for your money have no intention in actually rectifying the problems I'm encountering.

So is this data problem happening to you to? Do you have any stories of getting anywhere with Rogers or Apple??

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iOS 6x is causing a major data leak??

There was a data leak on the iOS.. but i beleive it has been fixed (i could be wrong).
Have you updated to the latest patches for the iOS?

in the end.. the FAULT for the data leak? at least for iphone case, is APPLE.  compared to android, where its rogers who actualy pushes out the updates, apple pushes out all its own updates, rogers  has no control/say in them.  Apple telling you to go back to rogers.. other than to deal with a billing issue for it, is not right.

While not common, there have been times i have read, where there are apps, who will get cought in one mode.. say on cellular.. and even though you switched into a wifi zone, it never uses that and continues to use data.  Its POSSIBLE something like this could happen as well.  Always jsut a good practice, jsut to make sure, is close any apps not being used regularily (double click on the home button, then remove the apps from there)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iOS 6x is causing a major data leak??

There was a data leak on the iOS.. but i beleive it has been fixed (i could be wrong).
Have you updated to the latest patches for the iOS?

in the end.. the FAULT for the data leak? at least for iphone case, is APPLE.  compared to android, where its rogers who actualy pushes out the updates, apple pushes out all its own updates, rogers  has no control/say in them.  Apple telling you to go back to rogers.. other than to deal with a billing issue for it, is not right.

While not common, there have been times i have read, where there are apps, who will get cought in one mode.. say on cellular.. and even though you switched into a wifi zone, it never uses that and continues to use data.  Its POSSIBLE something like this could happen as well.  Always jsut a good practice, jsut to make sure, is close any apps not being used regularily (double click on the home button, then remove the apps from there)

View solution in original post