iOS 6 Problem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

iOS 6 Problem?

Recently, my brother and I both update our iPhones to iOS 6 and when this happen, we believe my brother accidentally set up something that connected my cell phone number to his phone. now, he recieves texts and can see my conversations with some of  contacts. I've tried deleting my Apple ID account from his phone, giving him his own Apple ID, setting up his own account, and adjusting his settings so that my number is not attached to is account, and yet he says hestill can recieve my texts. Has anyone else experienced this problem and fixed it? If so, please help!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iOS 6 Problem?

@Dare57

That is not possible. In order for him to receive text messages or anything like that, he would need your SIM card.

Have you tried a factory reset? Erasing everything off the phone and setting it up as new?
I Plan to Stick Around

is the issue with text messages or imessages? did you share an an apple id on both devices at one point? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Phonzo

He said "he recieves texts and can see my conversations with some of contacts" If could mean iMessager but who knows.
I've Been Here Awhile

Power cycle the phone and then reset the Network Settings. Sometime iMessage is retaining the phone number from the previous sim. Do this on both phones.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6. When I connect it to my mac running 10.5.8 with iTunes running 10.6.1 I get a pop-up saying I need the new iTunes but when I downloaded it from the Apple website I got a pop-up saying my mac needs to be running MAC OS X 10.6.1 or later. Help me...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ericlewis107

That means you need to update your mac with the new MAC OS. Until then, it won't let you install the new iTunes.
I've Been Here Awhile

Did you try soft reset with power button+home button? 😄

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @STBarett

Thank you for the suggestion.. Although this is a 5 year old thread that should have been left closed lol.