cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 6.1.1

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

There was a new iOS release 6.1.1 yesterday which fixes some cellular issues with the iPhone 4S. I have one of those, but haven't noticed any problems. I did apply the update yesterday and everything's fine.

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iOS 6.1.1

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jimboden

That is good!. Yes Apple sent out the 6.1.1 update to fix the cellular issues some had.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jimboden

That is good!. Yes Apple sent out the 6.1.1 update to fix the cellular issues some had.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
6.1.1 only for 4s?

Gdkitty:

If you have a different model of phone, did you get an update notification? You should see something in your settings icon and you should also get it when you connect your phone to iTunes. The explanation of the update says that it fixes some issues with cellular on the 4S. It doesn't seem to do anything else. You can probably ignore the update unless the notifications annoy you. I'd imagine you can apply the update without any worries if your phone is a different model, though.

I was just asking, as i have just a 4, and i have NOT yet got the update notification (even went in and checked).

Wondering, if this is a push out to ONLY the 4s phones

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
From what i have seen from Apple, its ONLY for the iPhone 4S.

Very interesting. That means different iOS versions are "current". Oh well, no doubt we'll see 6.1.2 soon and we'll all be back at the same software level.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation