cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need help rogers with my wireless voicemail box

User372
I Plan to Stick Around

i do not what my voice on my voicemail i what a 

personal greeting rightnow it says you have reach the mailbox of its my voice saying my phone number i dont what that i what a 

Record 

personal greeting i what a person greeting a system greeting that says my phone number not me saying it rogers please help

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: i need help rogers with my wireless voicemail box

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi raga,

James pretty much covered it above. To help, here is a menu map of our Enhanced Voicemail.

Enhanced Voicemail.JPG

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hey rogers123,

It sounds like you want to change the voicemail greeting to your own name. If I am mistaken, please let me know. Otherwise, here are the steps you would take to change your voicemail greeting:

1 - Press and hold #1 key on your phone to access voicemail

2 - After entering your password, press 4 for personal options

3 - Press 3 for greeting

4 - Press 1 to set a personal greeting

Hope that helps. If you need any other assistance, just let me know.

User372
I Plan to Stick Around

no i do not what my name i what a personal gretting that says you have reach the mailbox of and i what it to say my phone number not my voice on it

User372
I Plan to Stick Around

ok i press 3 for personal greeting i dont what my voice on my voicemail i what a personal greeting that says my phone number

James
I'm a Senior Contributor
I sent you a link in reply to the PM you sent me.

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for helping out James. 🙂

How do I get rid of the manager's voice?  I only want to place my name and a short message.  I went as far as doing it, but the manager's voice follows mine.  After I record my voice message is there a key I should hit?

rsvp

raga
I've Been Here Awhile

Can you tell us how to change the greeting so that it says our phone number instead of our name?

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi raga,

James pretty much covered it above. To help, here is a menu map of our Enhanced Voicemail.

Enhanced Voicemail.JPG

View solution in original post

raga
I've Been Here Awhile

I have tried the above but it still asks to say my first and last name. Is it not possible to have a standard greeting where an automated voice says our phone number rather than me saying my name? I really do not like the idea where we're forced to say our name on our voicemail.. My other line on different carrier have standard greetings where an automated voice says you've reached 555-555-5555 please leave msg.. etc. Does rogers not have this as an option?

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

So dont say your name then....

When it asks for your name just recite your telephone number. It should then say "You've reached the Voicemail of 555-555-5555 ....", Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

there is an option in Comverse for them to provision your mailbox so it will announce just the telephone number.  They CAN do it, I had it done to my voicemail.  They probaly don't want to take the time to investigate and find out who to direct your request to.

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

I do not see this an option in our voicemail greetings. There was a method I used a while back that accomplished this.

It consisted in contacting customer service or technical support and having them removing and re-adding the voicemail feature (essentially resetting it). After calling the voicemail and setting up the password, hang up when you get to the greeting setup (Do not complete it!). In the past I have seen this default the greeting to state your number.

I will test this to confirm if this method still works and post an update.

B1234
I've Been Around

Is there a way to set up the voice mail on a Rogers iphone without having to say it yourself?

I would like an automated recording of my number - I don't get this option when I call in to set it up. Please help!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I BELEIVE on a new mailbox (but that has been set up), if no voice message has been set up, while doesnt just say the number, says a basic automated message.

Could have the reset your mailbox and try that?

nut
I've Been Here Awhile
Why would you send a link to her and not post it on here for everyone to see? How does that help others that use this forum? This didn't help me one bit.

nut
I've Been Here Awhile

I Agree with you. This is getting ridiculous. How hard is it for someone in the know to give us a straight forward answer?

nut
I've Been Here Awhile

Some people don't want their name OR their voice to be heard. Is that so hard to understand?

nut
I've Been Here Awhile

I haven't tried your suggestion but it sounds like the best solution from all the comments I've read so far.

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @nut

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We can take a look at assist with your wireless voicmail.

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist you further.

@RogersPrasana