how to get cisco DTA50 to work with TV tuner card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

how to get cisco DTA50 to work with TV tuner card

I have the Cisco DTA50 converter box on two of my TVs, but also have a computer TV using the Hauppauge HVR1250 TV tuner card and Windows Media on Windows 7.    I can't figure out how to get the Cisco to work with the tuner card.   Can anyone help me out?    

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: how to get cisco DTA50 to work with TV tuner card

I don't know about Hauppauge, is that HD?  I have a standard TV card in my desktop.I've played a VCR on it on Channel 3.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Hauppauge 1250 is both analog and HD.   I have been using it for analog only, but have lost my favorite channels now so I need the converter box.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Then it should work on channel 3 by connecting the coax to the card just like you would to a TV.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Even though that care has and HD tuner in it, all Rogers digital signals are encoded, so you can't view them.
Now, the problem is, with no analog any more, the happauge can not do the tuning itself.

As Pauly said, you will need to set your card tuner to 3 and leave it there. You then tune your dta remote to the channel you want.

Now, this can cause issues if you use your media pc there to record.
It can still be do able, if your tv card has an IR blaster, that you could set to tune the dta for you.

I'm Here A Lot

Got it!   Thanks very much guys.   Seems so obvious now, don't know why I couldn't think of that before.   

I Plan to Stick Around

This is exactly what I am trying to do but I can't find anything on the rmeote codes to send. The lirc database has nothting. Some forums say that this should work when sending scientific atlanta codes. Anybody know how to get this remote working with an IR blaster?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pretty much any listed Scientific Atlanta codes should work as far as I know.
The remotes are universal that you could have a box that's 10 years old and go get a new remote and it will work no programming.

Worse case, if the blaster supports LEARNING could show it each of the codes from the remote.