cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get back android gingerbread from ics

manny368
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi..i just update my rogers samsung galaxy s2lte with ics..bt its slow down my device and therz other issues wid dis update..i want old andriod version 2 gingerbread..how can i get that or rogers or samsung can help in this.

******* Edit labels ********

14 REPLIES 14

Re: how to get back android gingerbread from ics

sonyboyj
I'm an Enthusiast
I'd say do a factory reset from recovery mode.but call Samsung in case just search Samsung contact on Google I did it a few times

lateralus
I Plan to Stick Around

Factory reset didn't work on mine. To revert back I have to root my phone and void my warrenty. ICS is garbage, it compleatly killed my signel. On top of theat rogers added a crap load of more usles bloteware.

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around

www.sammobile.com 

download the official rogers GB rom

flash with Odin3

and voila you have stock rogers GB 

do not need a rooted device with this method, just know how to go into download mode (power button + volume down after boot)

eosman
I've Been Here Awhile

I too am having issues with the 4.0.4 ICS update from Rogers. My phone occassionaly won't connect to my wifi and I have to turn the wifi toggle off and on to fix it.

Also if I attempt to power off the phone it gets stuck on the red rogers splash screen. I am then forced to unplug the battery from the phone. The same is true if I try to restart the phone. It was fine for the first week.  I did a factory reset/ restore which fixed the issue but it came back.

manny368
I've Been Here Awhile

hi, thanks for your advise i downloaded the odin, but havnt find the stock rom of sgh-1727r ginger bread on sammobile

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around
follow this link it should show you 2.3.5 rogers stock

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=SGH-I727R&r=-1#modelsa

yasir_pk77
I've Been Here Awhile
How do I flash with Odin3???
I have downloaded everything u said. but dont know how to flash with Odin3.

Can you please provide the step by step information. My phone is really slow.
it would be really nice of you
thanks in advanced.

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around
to flash with odin3 you need to put your phone into download mode

to do that when you start your phone hold down the volume down key and power button till you get a warning screen (this is ok)

press volume down again to enter download mode

plug in your usb cable to your computer than to your phone

open odin3

make sure PARTITION is NOT CHECKED if it is you will HARD BRICK your phone and not even a jig will save your phone

click the PDA button, and locate the file you want to flash

now if odin reconized your phone it should say something like [com:3] or along those lines

than click flash and it'll do its thing, itll than tell you if it passed or failed and reboot your device (99.9% it passes ive had it fail once due to a bad download)

and voila your back on stock rogers

yasir_pk77
I've Been Here Awhile

after doing all the step, when i touch the andriod, nothing happens. what should i do?? help please......

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around
did odin say pass?

did you load the .tar file into the PDA section?

are you sure you were in download mode and not recovery mode?

sometimes it can take a device up to 10min to rebuild it's cache after having a new rom installed so that could be why it's taking so long

as well you do have the samsung galaxy s2 LTE SGH-I727R right?

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

where do i get ODIN3?

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around
google is your best friend

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having the same problem with yasir_pk77

i flashed to 2.3.5 using Odin3 with firmware from sammobile.

i'm getting error message saying "the application google services framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

can't pass touch the android to begin streen..

please help me out

thx

yasir_pk77
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey all. yes i have rogeres samsung galaxy s2 lte. i did use the exact firmware from sammobile. i did use odin3 and i even passed. exact same problem as soondai14.

then what i did. i download the ics firmware from sam mobile. i flashed it again with odin3 and i passed again. so i was back to ics. but after the restart it was giving me error again. same kinda message. then what i did i managed to go the setting and restore the phone to the factory setting. thats how i am able to use the phone (on ics unfortunatly). well at least fone is  working. i tthink i made the big mistake by trying to go back  to GB and then after ICS. i should have not tried to go back to gb. well i hope to get JB asap. 

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation