cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I watch a DVD??

melodyhambleton
I've Been Here Awhile

i've set up my new nextbox.  cannot figure out how to watch a dvd!  dvd player is playing but i can't figure out how to go to the right channel.  HELP

***Edited labels***

14 REPLIES 14

How do I watch a DVD??

susanjane
I've Been Here Awhile

When the Rogers techs came to first set up my tv and hd box they told me that I just had to press video source on the remote and choose dvd......however, when I press video source that menu doesn't come up on the tv.  What am I doing wrong???

Re: viewing my dvd's

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor
Are you using the tv's remote or the rogers one?

Re: viewing my dvd's

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Video source also needs to be in the correct "MODE" of the remote. so to change the video source of your TV, you have to press the "TV" button before depressing the video source, or you can program a Macro that alows you to change the video source while your remote control is still in the "CBL" mode.   I had the same problem, but I learned to program a Macro so I was able to change the Video source of my "TV" while in any mode on the remote.

How do I watch a DVD??

peelerman
I've Been Around

What channel do you put on the TV to watch a DVD movie ?

Re: DVD movies

you do not need to tune into a specific channel, you would need to change the input of your tv to the one that your DVD player is connected to.   typically its like AV1 or AV2 or HDMI 2 or something similar, you would have to look at the back of the tv to see what port the DVD is connected to.  Then you would need to tune into the input from your tv with the input button, its usually found on the front or side of the tv.

hope this helps

Re: how do I watch a DVD??

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello,

This question is not specific to Rogers, however since I'm a nice and knowledgable guy, i'll help you answer it anyway.

You need to figure out which input you connected your dvd player to, usually Video 1, Video 2, Component 1, or something like that, and on your TVs front panel or the remote control for your TV, you will cycle through the TV Input button to select the correct mode that you connected your dvd player to and you will have a picture appear on the screen. 

melodyhambleton
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks

your welcome

How do I watch a DVD??

luddite1967
I've Been Here Awhile

Since the adapter was installed I have no signal to the DVD (just bluescreen). I have the adaper cables connecting the dvd to the TV (Red white and yellow but still nothing Clearly I'm missing a connection Can anyone explain what I should be looking for in non techie terms? Any help appreciated.

Re: DVD and digital adaptor DVD not working

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

A silly question - when you turned on your DVD player prior to the adaptor being installed, did you have to change any settings on your tv (i.e. select the proper input?)

luddite1967
I've Been Here Awhile

No question ever silly--sorry I didn't think to say before the adapter installation I was running the input through the DVD player (cable attached to the DVD) and as long as I was on channel 3 turning on the dvd player was enough to activate it--I was using 2 different remotes 1 for TV and 1 dvd Please ask if any other info required, as my userame says my techinal comfort level is definitely from the get rid of the ghost aerial era!

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor
So, in your current configuration,I assume the DVD player is hooked directly to the TV? If so, you have to change the input on the TV to watch the DVD.

Each input on your TV has a name (input 1, HDMI 1, etc), and on your TV remote, there's probably an "Input" button. Figure out what input your DVD is plugged into,and then change the input on the TV.

Easy way to do this? Turn on your DVD player, then cycle thru your TV inputs until the DVD plicture comes up. When the movie isover, cycclethru your inputs again until the cablepicture comes up.

what do u mean input through the dvd player? your post is a little confusing because maybe you are forgetting to provide us some missing information and/or details? why does your dvd player have inputs? is this a DVD RECORDER? why does your DVD have a tuner in it? it seems like this may not be the traditional DVD player everyone is assuming, and you have a weird connection? is it a dvd player or is it a dvd recorder with its own tuners and stuff? also secondly, are you connecting the DTA to the dvd recorders input ? maybe thats the problem? please provide us more details and maybe model name/numbers if possible. remember, were here to help but offer limited help because we are volunteers, we dont get paid ,and we are not familiar with every piece of equiptment unless u can provide us with more info

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am wondering if its a VHS/DVD player.. as those often have cable inputs, for the VHS parts.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation