home monitoring unable to access router WNR2000v5 to change dhcp to reflect my network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvain123
I've Been Here Awhile

home monitoring unable to access router WNR2000v5 to change dhcp to reflect my network

First i would like to begin that i am an advanced user i work with computers for a living and know what i am doing.

I know that the equipment is connected directly via wifi using wp2 and possibly registered by mac address.

I do not want to change the wireless settings however i would like to assign dhcp to 192.168.1.x to reflect my current network settings with proper gateway and dns.

i have my main rogers modem in the basement and my netgear in the living room with another computer connected to it and a raspberri pi 2.

Right now i have 2 different networks I would like to have a single network.

I called rogers the technician cannot help me and doesnt have that information. I tried default u/p with no luck.

Once again i am not changing any other settings then dhcp wich will not affect the home monitoring system as it uses wifi and i am only changing dhcp settings.

Could someone please help me with gaining access to this router?

So far i have 2 options hack the router probably wont work big pain! or option 2:  find a tech and get more information personally. OPTION 3 i could but dont want to get a switch or another router nor do i want to make this netgear my main router as it has 10/100 link speeds and not gigabit and i would have no access to it!

Thanks for your help

Sylvain

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: home monitoring unable to access router WNR2000v5 to change dhcp to reflect my network

Unfortunately, as far as i know, its pretty locked down.   (to make sure stuff is set properly for the security system)
Due to the way that its set up.. since its connected through the WAN.. its WAN side is likely a 192.168.1.x range.. but its own internal is seperate. It would even have to go the step further, to have to turn off DHCP on that unit... which would make the security system not connect quite possibly.

Personaly, since you say you have a Pi and a PC up there.. would be a switch.
You can get a cheap gigabit switch, 5 port, for as low as like $25. 
Drop that where the netgear is right now.. then plug the 3 into it. 
The netgear should continue to function as it is now.. but the other two will be then on the 192.168.1.x range as the others in your household.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: home monitoring unable to access router WNR2000v5 to change dhcp to reflect my network

Unfortunately, as far as i know, its pretty locked down.   (to make sure stuff is set properly for the security system)
Due to the way that its set up.. since its connected through the WAN.. its WAN side is likely a 192.168.1.x range.. but its own internal is seperate. It would even have to go the step further, to have to turn off DHCP on that unit... which would make the security system not connect quite possibly.

Personaly, since you say you have a Pi and a PC up there.. would be a switch.
You can get a cheap gigabit switch, 5 port, for as low as like $25. 
Drop that where the netgear is right now.. then plug the 3 into it. 
The netgear should continue to function as it is now.. but the other two will be then on the 192.168.1.x range as the others in your household.

View solution in original post