hitron rocket modem connectivity issue with Xbox one live

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

hitron rocket modem connectivity issue with Xbox one live

I upgraded to the 100mbps ignite package and installed the new rocket modem. I have an Xbox one that is wired to the network and every time I go online on Xbox one games I lose connectivity to the server after 10 minutes or so...consistently. I never had this issue with my old modem at 25mbps. I have added the ports for the games and spoke with tech support but they said the only thing would be a firmware update which I could get from this forum. Any suggestions? I want the speed of the ignite service but not if I can't use the Xbox one online. Please help!

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: hitron rocket modem connectivity issue with Xbox one live

Welcome to Community @dg1010

We have a Premium Fee-Based Technical Support Service: TechXpert who can troubleshoot Xbox Live issues.

Some tips they have recommended are:

1. Setting up a Static IP for your Xbox One
  2. Setting up DMZ for your Xbox One
  3. Using DHCP Reservation
  4. Then Port Forward and Reboot

If you need help with the above steps, feel free to contact our TechXpert department at 1-866-876-8772.

The firmware is intended to fix the Leauge of Legends firewall issue, but does have some other improvements. Not sure if it would help in your scenario. Visit this thread here for more info.

Feel free to chime in with any other suggestions Community Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: hitron rocket modem connectivity issue with Xbox one live

As @RogersAsif mentioned at the end... this is more than likley due to the firmware issue.

Contact @CommunityHelps, and they can get the new firmware pushed out to your modem, this SHOULD hopefully fix most issues.