have some issues with the 250/20 plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

have some issues with the 250/20 plan

i have 250/20 plan and when i take speed test my speed is 200 to 250 download but when im downloading anything its only downloading at 50 mbps and when i had the 100/10 plan it was downloading stuff at 130 mbps anyone have the same issues 

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: have some issues with the 250/20 plan

The exact same item?  From the exact same source?

problem is.. the speed can vary from source to source, on what they can feed you at the time.

Even the same source different day could give different results.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I understand but anything I download it's only 50mbps and it's only doing it with 250/20 plan
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i know exaclly how you feel last 14months on the 250/20 and i feel like i am being capped at 33m max dl rate...i have tried every fix that the forum can advise me on and have been dealing with 30+ home visits by rogers, couple of senior tech visits, and a few maintence visits and repairs, accually just had a maintence repair oct 23 and have another scheduled nov 25...but i aint holding my breath on anything being improved.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I know I was talking to a tech today and he told me that it's normal to download at 50 Mbps and that I will never see close to 250 downloading things off the internet
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You could try an experiment.  Call into tech support and have the CSR configure the modem for 100/10 for test purposes.  Keep the CSR on the line.  The change should be pretty well instantaneous.  When its done, run a speedtest and then a download test from a location that you know will deliver high speed downloads.  When that is done, have the modem reconfigured back to 250/20, and then run a speedtest and download test.  Use http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html or www.speedtest.net using the Toronto Telus server.

What that test will do is determine if there is a firmware issue that hasn't been identified to date. If there is an issue with download rates with the 250/20 service, a good number of people, myself included would want to know. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hiho wrote:

i know exaclly how you feel last 14months on the 250/20 and i feel like i am being capped at 33m max dl rate...i have tried every fix that the forum can advise me on and have been dealing with 30+ home visits by rogers, couple of senior tech visits, and a few maintence visits and repairs, accually just had a maintence repair oct 23 and have another scheduled nov 25...but i aint holding my breath on anything being improved.

This sounds more like the old CGN3 10/100 linking bug, doesnt it @Datalink