have rogers 8300 hd

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

have rogers 8300 hd

i have had this for 2 year pvr working fine my apricorn 500 meg extender that has a western digital   wd5000AAKS  hard dirve in it died . 

was wondering could I

1. just buy a 1 tb or 2 tb drive like the

Western Digital AV-GP WD20EVDS 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal AV or

Western Digital AV-GP WD10EURS 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

and put this in the case

or do I just buy

western digital my pvr extender ( which already comes in case)

I have been hearing that some of the pvr only support 500 meg extender

anyon have any luck with  eeither doing the build   or using the western digital extender 1 tb  alread y done and working this

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: have rogers 8300 hd

You will only be able to go up to 1TB. I've done a WD and a seagate 1TB (can't recall the exact models) but with no issues. I've also tried replacing the hdd inside the pvr itself with no issues. Just gotta find a compatible HDD. Check out digital forums canada for more info on specific HDD models.

Just note you can't seem to go above 1TB at the moment.

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: have rogers 8300 hd

You will only be able to go up to 1TB. I've done a WD and a seagate 1TB (can't recall the exact models) but with no issues. I've also tried replacing the hdd inside the pvr itself with no issues. Just gotta find a compatible HDD. Check out digital forums canada for more info on specific HDD models.

Just note you can't seem to go above 1TB at the moment.

View solution in original post