cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware upgrade

philvegas
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, new rogers client here with a simple question.

setup a business account about a month ago, received 200$ credit for signing for 3 years, used it towards purchase of iphone 5s.

My gf was added to my account, she was an existing rogers client for almost 10 years and was due for a hardware upgrade.

her contract was done on december 31st, however she joined my account before. rogers business rep told me that the hardware upgrade would cover the cost of the 2nd iphone 5s, however she received a bill on her old account this week with a 15$ activation fee and the balance of the cost of the device to pay which was over 250$ based on 3 year contract. having trouble understanding their billing process and what the hardware upgrade actually covers???

***edited labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: hardware upgrade

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello philvegas

The hardware upgrade fee credit only covers the upgrade fee, not phone price. You will need to contact Rogers business support line and have them explain it more too u

philvegas
I've Been Here Awhile

i understand that policy, however when I was speaking to a business rep, he specifically told me that my 200$ credit would apply for my line, and since my gf was not eligible for the 200$ credit, they would use the upgrade to cover the device cost.... i regret not asking for his employee number, all I got was a his name george

philvegas
I've Been Here Awhile

i also order the phones and setup the account through a cellworks employee giuseppe dicicco. however i am not sure how rogers relates to these 3rd party retailers, if he was just trying to sell the phones and if he has access to the accounts to make these changes.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello philvegas

They are not allowed to give you or anyone their employe number. They can only give you their name and the interaction number for the phone call. Unless rules changed.

The credit will go on your invoice, therefor when u do a upgrade, the phone and upgrade fee will show on your invoice BUT you will see a credit of - $200 on your invoice. They can NOT give u the phone for $0. Apple does not allow it. So there for they will charge u the price and then take - $200 from the invoice.

Sforsh
I've Been Around

Hi there,

I am an existing Rogers customer.  My contract expired in June so I am now on a month-to-month contract.  I would like to get the iphone 6 and was told that because I am an existing customer who needs to renew my contract, I can get the phone for free?  Does anyone know if this is true??

Thanks for the help!!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless there is some specific special promotion... i would say NO.

There isnt anything advertised for it..

You can get the 5c for $0..

jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I do not beleive the Iphone 6 is free for existing customers  Smiley Sad - unless you have some reward points Smiley Very Happy to cover the cost after the discount is applied in store (for excepting a 2 year)... 

New releases are very expensive and you tend to get a good discount but not FREE...

I'd call in and confirm in customer care before taking a contract 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Sforsh

Unfortunately no you won't be able to get it for free. Even if u are a existing Rogers wireless customers the new devices are always priced high and u need to pay for it. U don't get a discount like that.

So you will need to pay for the 2 year term price on the model of the iPhone 6 you pick plus a $15 connection fee.

Is there a upgrade fee

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Knightboy44

It all depends on ur account . You will need to log into My Rogers - Products And Services - Device Balance and see what the balance is or contact Rogers via Live Chat, phone, Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps and see what the upgrade flextab is.

If you have one, you must pay it in order to upgrade to a new device.

steveyuen
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there Meowmix, I have a question related to hardware upgrading. I currently have a shared plan with three lines and I am upgrading all three lines to new devices (iPhone 6) as well as a new plan on a 2  year contract. I am aware of the current stock issues that Apple is having atm, therefore we have reserved our phones but they will be coming at different times. My son's iPhone is ready to be picked up next week, will our new contract start effective immediately once ONE of our devices is ready to pick up? If that is the case I don't find it fair how Rogers will be charging us on our new more expensive plan when we have only received ONE of our new upgraded devices. Thank you for time and an answer is much appreciated. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
The contract part, only ties to the hardware and not the plan itself.

So you could upgrade one now, that one would go from today, one in 3 months, it would start then and never upgrade the 3rd and it would have no contract.

jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

$15.00 connection fee as noted - and if you are currently on a contract then your early cancelation fee will also apply.  

Other then that I don't think there is any other fees other the the cost of the phone (after the discount for the contract) 

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation