cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard to get into community today

jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

In order to get access to the community this morning I had to go from My profile - it appears if you are in the new design and click community it doesn't log you in... 

I found a part of myrogers that was still in old format (My profile) then scrolled to the bottom to community and it worked from there.. 

kinda weird... 

Doesn't appear to be many people online so im guessing others are having the same issue.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: hard to get into community today

RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone!

Sorry about the login error that we are currently experiencing. The team is working on fixing it ASAP! Thank you @jkroesen for posting the how-to! I have included screenshots for the community. Please follow these steps to log in for the forums:

1. Go to the community forums home page: communityforums.rogers.com.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.05.23 PM.png

2. Select the SIgn On option (you will be redirected to the MyRogers sign in page).

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 3.37.48 PM.png

3. Sign in using your Community Forums username and password (some of you may have the same username and password for the community as you do for MyRogers).

4. You will then be taken to the MyRogers overview page and a pop up will appear asking you to link your Rogers' account(s). The pop up presents you with two options, cancel or continue. Select cancel.

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 3.38.15 PM.png

5. When you select cancel, you are taken back to the overview page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Community Forums link in the footer.

42232.png

You will then be taken to the Community Forums home page and you will be logged in. This is currently being looked into, we have this will be resolved shortly and we can go back to normal sign in process.

Sorry for the extra clicks! 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When i went to the sign in, it went to a "NEW" format login screen.  It logged me in ok, but then sat at a mostly blank page, then went to the account overview.

Just typing in the community forum url again, brought me back fully logged in already.

neenus
I Plan to Stick Around

This whole new re-design of the website is working kind of wierd some links are not working properly I had to click some links twice or three times to get it to work and community was not coming up at all until I opened my browsing history and clicked on the links from my browsing history.

Hi everyone,

We are aware of a login issue with the Myrogers App that is prevening login to  the Community Forums. We are working diligently to get this corrected as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

RogersStrick

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

jkroesen:

Thanks for posting that work around. I was going nuts trying to figure out why I couldn't sign in to the community.

jays77
I had no problems, but then I usually log in on the MyRogers to check my bandwidth use, then scroll down to the community link.

jays77:

After logging into My Rogers, I tried clicking on the Community link but, when I got there, I was not signed in. I had to go to the profile tab first, then to the community link.

JohhnyRockets

Thank you for this. I had the same experience as you. I logged in and clicked on the link for community forums and found I was no longer logged in. Going to my profile and then to the community forums link worked like a charm. Why is it that Rogers cannot fully test something before implementing a change! 

The issue was fixed over night and, so far, is working fine.

Not here.

Tried both IE and chrome, neither work (and chrome shouldnt have anything chached for the site either).

Still had to connect the round about way.

That's odd. Just tried it again and it's not working for me either. I tried it a few hours ago, so something has changed yet again.Smiley Frustrated

jkroesen

Thought i would repost the work around so i can accept as a solution so if anyone is still having issues they know the below is a good work around...

After logging into myrogers

go to the My profile tab

then scrolled to the bottom to community

and it will worked from there.. :smileyhappy:

:smileyembarrassed: Hopefully this will be resolved soon! 

Chow for now!

RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone!

Sorry about the login error that we are currently experiencing. The team is working on fixing it ASAP! Thank you @jkroesen for posting the how-to! I have included screenshots for the community. Please follow these steps to log in for the forums:

1. Go to the community forums home page: communityforums.rogers.com.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.05.23 PM.png

2. Select the SIgn On option (you will be redirected to the MyRogers sign in page).

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 3.37.48 PM.png

3. Sign in using your Community Forums username and password (some of you may have the same username and password for the community as you do for MyRogers).

4. You will then be taken to the MyRogers overview page and a pop up will appear asking you to link your Rogers' account(s). The pop up presents you with two options, cancel or continue. Select cancel.

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 3.38.15 PM.png

5. When you select cancel, you are taken back to the overview page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Community Forums link in the footer.

42232.png

You will then be taken to the Community Forums home page and you will be logged in. This is currently being looked into, we have this will be resolved shortly and we can go back to normal sign in process.

Sorry for the extra clicks! 

JohhnyRockets

in your screenshots, you did forget one step as outlined by jkroesen. After logging in, you need to click on the "My Profile" link before clicking on "Community Forums" at the bottom of the page!

It's 5:50am EDT and I was able to reach the community as per normal today. Lets hope the fix "sticks" this time. Smiley Happy

It does appear to be MOSTLY working now.

By signing in, then clicking on the comunity forums link at the bottom of the myrogers overview page, DOES take you back and keep you logged in properly  now, without having to go to the profile page first.

BUT.. 

THey still need to fix the re-direct or whatever was set up.. so when you go to the community forum pages first, and log in, that it re-directs you back to the forums, and not to the account overview page.

jkroesen

Yippie!!!!! got in this morning with out issues! 

Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Yes, Gdkitty is correct. Signing in from the community takes you back to your My Rogers sign in instead of leaving you in the community.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I think I've mastered the signing in workaround. However, there are still a couple of anomalies. First, the sign-in is now backwards from how it used to be. Before, my username was automatically entered and I had to manually enter my password, now my password automatically appears (dot-dot-dot-etc) and I have to type in my username. That's BACKWARDS and less secure.  The other one is the extra step of choosing an account number, which has nothing to do with this forum.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

I have a bit of a twist on the sign in fields. First, I'm not aware that Rogers has anything to do with filling in the fields. It's usually done by browsers if you choose to use the feature. If Rogers does it, I wonder if there's an account setting that governs it and will take a look.

My issue with the sign in is that I use Norton 360 to fill in all my log ins for every web site I visit. It works perfectly and has done so with Rogers for years. After the recent change, N360 still fills in the fields, but a message comes back saying sorry, blah, blah, meaning it doesn't recognize the user name and/or password. My work around is to reenter both my user name and password into the same fields which were already filled in, then it works fine.

EDIT: Just checked my profile settings and don't see any feature that saves your log in information.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jimboden wrote:

First, I'm not aware that Rogers has anything to do with filling in the fields. It's usually done by browsers if you choose to use the feature. If Rogers does it, I wonder if there's an account setting that governs it and will take a look.

My browser can save usernames and passwords when it's allowed to. For example, for my banking, it remembers the account number, but not the password. That's also how both MyRogers and Community Forum was.  I just checked my Firefox saved passwords for all Rogers entries have the username and password except the most recent one, which just has the password. I think I'll delete that one and see what happens next time I log in.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation