hard to get into community today

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

hard to get into community today

In order to get access to the community this morning I had to go from My profile - it appears if you are in the new design and click community it doesn't log you in... 

I found a part of myrogers that was still in old format (My profile) then scrolled to the bottom to community and it worked from there.. 

kinda weird... 

Doesn't appear to be many people online so im guessing others are having the same issue.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: hard to get into community today

Hi everyone!

Sorry about the login error that we are currently experiencing. The team is working on fixing it ASAP! Thank you @jkroesen for posting the how-to! I have included screenshots for the community. Please follow these steps to log in for the forums:

1. Go to the community forums home page: communityforums.rogers.com.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.05.23 PM.png

2. Select the SIgn On option (you will be redirected to the MyRogers sign in page).

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 3.37.48 PM.png

3. Sign in using your Community Forums username and password (some of you may have the same username and password for the community as you do for MyRogers).

4. You will then be taken to the MyRogers overview page and a pop up will appear asking you to link your Rogers' account(s). The pop up presents you with two options, cancel or continue. Select cancel.

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 3.38.15 PM.png

5. When you select cancel, you are taken back to the overview page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Community Forums link in the footer.

42232.png

You will then be taken to the Community Forums home page and you will be logged in. This is currently being looked into, we have this will be resolved shortly and we can go back to normal sign in process.

Sorry for the extra clicks! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When i went to the sign in, it went to a "NEW" format login screen.  It logged me in ok, but then sat at a mostly blank page, then went to the account overview.

Just typing in the community forum url again, brought me back fully logged in already.

neenus
I Plan to Stick Around

This whole new re-design of the website is working kind of wierd some links are not working properly I had to click some links twice or three times to get it to work and community was not coming up at all until I opened my browsing history and clicked on the links from my browsing history.

RogersStric
I've Been Around

Hi everyone,

We are aware of a login issue with the Myrogers App that is prevening login to  the Community Forums. We are working diligently to get this corrected as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

RogersStrick

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

jkroesen:

Thanks for posting that work around. I was going nuts trying to figure out why I couldn't sign in to the community.

jays77

I had no problems, but then I usually log in on the MyRogers to check my bandwidth use, then scroll down to the community link.
jimboden
I'm an Advisor

jays77:

After logging into My Rogers, I tried clicking on the Community link but, when I got there, I was not signed in. I had to go to the profile tab first, then to the community link.

JohhnyRockets

Thank you for this. I had the same experience as you. I logged in and clicked on the link for community forums and found I was no longer logged in. Going to my profile and then to the community forums link worked like a charm. Why is it that Rogers cannot fully test something before implementing a change! 

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

The issue was fixed over night and, so far, is working fine.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not here.

Tried both IE and chrome, neither work (and chrome shouldnt have anything chached for the site either).

Still had to connect the round about way.