galaxy s4 and android 4.3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: galaxy s4 and android 4.3

Hello jay21317

I agree with you but i have seen Bell Note 3s & S4's with 4.3 & the feature has been removed as well. So come to think of it, either all carriers removed the feature together or Samsung Canada removed it.

You can always download a app which can turn off mobile data & have it as a widget on the screen. I know that some people do not trust those apps but Juice Defender & other apps are high rated & i used them so they are fine.

I do wish tho they could bring back the toggle for mobile Data back (n)

I Plan to Stick Around

I guess this is how they will make back the 5 billion they just spent on the NHL, screw over the cell phone users, I doubt many have noticed that its been removed, and I am also willing to bet, when they upgraded, their data was on, and its still on. Also of note is the update has installed about 4 new apps into the phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jay21317

Hmm this seems wierd.  I did some research and Sprint & ATT users are reporting not seeing the Toggle as well... Read below. Yes the apps are some Rogers & most are Samsung apps. Samsung installs their own bloatware in which Rogers can NOT touch.

"Commenting David Soler
• 13 days ago

Thanks. But on that settings shortcut menu, I don't see an icon for the mobile data. Which icon are you using to access the data options?
Sprint-Galaxy S4"

"MCP Joshua
• 16 days ago

I'd noticed the same thing... you can still get to it under settings (cog icon in pull down) --> connections tab--> more networks--> mobile networks--> mobile data check box. But still, it seems like a glaring omission. I'm hoping they correct this, and soon as I use it a lot. And no, I don't want to add a widget to my homescreen- it should just be alongside the other connection settings. I've looked at some friends phones on Verizon and the Data Network Icon is still under the main pulldown. This seems to be an ATT issue."

http://www.androidauthority.com/att-galaxy-s4-android-4-3-update-317130/

Also read the comments on here as well.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/18/att-temporarily-pulls-android-4-3-update-for-samsung-galaxy-...

Also comments on here as well

http://forums.androidcentral.com/rogers-samsung-galaxy-s4/335146-when-will-4-3-jelly-bean-coming-rog...

Here is another one as well. Read threw the comments.

"But as for the AT&T version (which I have, and assuming that the OP has the same), the Mobile Data switch has been removed completely in the notification and no where to be found, and has been replaced with the Reading Mode switch after installing 4.3 that is. Mobile Data Switch was there on 4.2.2."

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/335214-4-3-update-question.html

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, Matty! Anything interesting to report? Did 4.3 make a difference and, if yes, what is it? Important for those who have not upgraded. Should we? Usually, I don't rush to be between the first with upgrading... 

Thank you!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DoruM

A few users are reporting that the Mobile Data toggle on the notification bar has been removed. This has been removed on several carriers around the world. A few users as well are reporting to phone not working properly and poor battery life. After updating your device, its known u need to do a factory reset.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yicks! I better not update. If it ain't broke...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DoruM

I would give it a couple of days or a week. See if another update comes out.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,Meowmix!

Is there any logical explanation for the fact that some users report “phone not working properly and poor battery life” and “the Mobile Data toggle on the notification bar has been removed”, while on this thread Flyboyjim reports: "Very pleased with the improved performance. “?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DoruM

It all depends. Some devices may have issues but some do not. All devices and OS have this.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Its out now correct??? I ordered an S4 with gear and it needs to be 4.3 to be compatible.