explorer 3100 died

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

explorer 3100 died

after several recent electrical storms in my area(not sure if it was the problem), it seems my explorer 3100 box won't power up. The unit was purchased by my self about 6 years ago.(500$) ouch, now they are considerably cheaper in price.

So my questions are, can i have this repaired?, can this be repaired?, should i even bother with rogers and just switch to bell?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: explorer 3100 died

Just call tech support and tell them it does not work. They will problly send you to the store to exchange it and that is it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yeah I wouldn't buy a new one. They are slowly preparing to switch to mpeg4. Only the newest pvr's can handle mpeg4 the older Scientific Atlanta boxes don't support it. I would just rent from Rogers for now until they have updated their entier lineup of digital boxes.

I'm Here A Lot

hey,

I know Rogers won't repair them, but i think a place called cable shoppe repairs them.

http://www.thecableshoppe.com/contact-us.html

My personal opinion?  Not worth getting it repaired considering how old that box is. you never know, something else might go wrong with it down the road.

I'm Here A Lot

I don't know what city your from, but check this place out http://www.thecableshoppe.com there at 1410 Birchmount Road
Toronto, ON, M1P 2E3.  They can fix any Scientific Atlanta digital box.  Don't know if its worth fixing or just buying another box.  Your lucky to get 6 yrs out of it, b/c to rent an HD box its around $13 a month,you saved well over $500 over the past 6yrs.  As for switching to Blah oops sorry  Bell, they don't have On Demand service, and probably will never.  TMNOD and HBO OD are the greasiest channels ever, and Treehouse if you have kids.

I've Been Around

I have a reciever that died.  The voltages don't seem to be as listed going from the initial board to the main but I don't have enough information to troubeshoot the power supply/initial board.

Does anyone have a troubleshooting or schematic drawing of an explorer 3200?

thanks