cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epost

dpainter
I've Been Here Awhile

I receive must of my bills through epost including Rogers but now I got the notice in epost:

"Please be aware that effective October 19th, 2015 Rogers will no longer be delivering bills via epost™."

Why is Rogers no longer going to deliver bills through epsot? 

***Edited Labels***

154 REPLIES 154

Re: epost

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersStrick wrote:

ePost did not provide detailed billing Rogers provided the detailed billing and made it accessible via ePost. Some Rogers customers still get detailed paper billing monthly but these are very few and usually for expired plans. Most wireless customers get the newly designed Rogers bill, the new bill in paper format does not provide usage details unless its for overages (charges outside of what is covered by your plan). All billing details have been made available online via MyRogers. The change was in an effort to reduce the size of the bills, making them easier for customers review and to protect the environment.

online bills are available for up to 18 months, that's a lot of paper to store for anyone and even the most organized person would still take some time to find what they were looking for with that much paper to sift thru, but online bills are itemized by months and are easily accessible. I think the only arguments against online billing here are the site not always being accessible and the thought that Rogers might make a change without asking customers first or notifying them. looking back I understand where the concerns are coming from but looking ahead I'm confident that Rogers is aiming to make the online experience better not worst.

This post  has been bothering me ever since I read it so I stopped back to address it .

@RogersStrick wrote:

ePost did not provide detailed billing Rogers provided the detailed billing and made it accessible via ePost.

Who suggested otherwise? Some people went to Epost because Roger's web site was inaccessible to them due to Roger's inadequacies  and that was a way to access their bills apparently. Others are using it because of the convenience and in one sense if rogers is required by law to mail paper bills ,it isn't much of a stretch to  ask why rogers can't transfer to Epost  as a form of bill delivery if requested by the customer ... it, at this time fulfils needs that no other method of delivery does and is baisically no different than snail mail , or web site posting.  i find it hard to believe it costs more than printing and mailing the snail mail. 

@RogersStrick wrote:

The change was in an effort to reduce the size of the bills, making them easier for customers review and to protect the environment.

Did you give anyone a choice? So those who needed the detailed billing could still have it mailed if they needed it ? I see Rogers still put ads in with the last bill I got  so it seems strange that the concern for the environment seems to be solely focused on issues where a paper reduction might save Rogers some cost.

@RogersStrick wrote:

online bills are available for up to 18 months, that's a lot of paper to store for anyone and even the most organized person would still take some time to find what they were looking for with that much paper to sift thru, but online bills are itemized by months and are easily accessible.

As has been pointed out ... CRA wants records kept for 7 years .... 18 months is a 1 1/2 years... a wee bit shy of the 7 years.Smiley Wink  What does Rogers care how much room it takes to store the paper work? You're not being asked to store it in any form but electronic... only mail it out in printed format to those that request it so THEY can store it . .heck, if you stick with Epost you don't even need to do that ... it could all be done electronically with no paper involved and no problems because Epost will store the seven years of data so Rogers doesn't have to. Kind of a no brainer you'd think.

@RogersStrick wrote:

I think the only arguments against online billing here are the site not always being accessible and the thought that Rogers might make a change without asking customers first or notifying them. looking back I understand where the concerns are coming from but looking ahead I'm confident that Rogers is aiming to make the online experience better not worst.

Aiming and doing are not the same thing and Rogers has  already pretty well established their disrespect of customers just in the way they laid out the web pages  and the way they  refuse to share information with said customers.

I just read an article about A& W . They had been trying to fit the consumer to their  product line for a while now  and were startingto struggle financially . They managed to increase sales in the last while though ... They did some research to find out what the CONSUMER wanted. They acted on those findings and low and behold sales picked up in the order of 7  %.  I wonder if there is a lesson in there for Rogers ?

@teabag43  ... I think that was BS .. and I believe  he said  that he thought they were using enticements to try and wean people off Epost in favour of using the ETR  website ... not that it was no longer using Epost.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I never used ePost, but have to agree with @barndoor that finding account and bill information and details on line has steadily got more difficult. Rogers keeps changing the site almost daily, seldom for the better. For three days now I've been trying to see my PayGo call/transaction history using every route and trick in the book to no avail. It used to take a couple of clicks but now it's 20 minutes of frustration, then giving up.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

jt1
I've Been Here Awhile

Add me to the list of disguntled customers who just found this vague message saying no more Epost. They dont even offer any options in the message, just go to the horrific rogers.com general page and try and find an explanation. But alas there is none.

Obviously it is a cost cutting measure by Rogers and for those that do not use Rogers as their primary email its bonus $$ for them as folks start missing payments.

I'll have to rethink my plan to move my home phone over to Rogers.

Bring back EPost!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I believe Rogers is hinting customers should view their bills on line in place of getting them via ePost. That just adds insult to injury because the site is broken and people can't see all their account details. Just read the hundreds of complaints in this forum.

MrAura
I've Been Around

I am in the processing of converting the online bills to paper mail.  I find Epost to be an incredible service that is user friendly and time saving.  Rogers dropping it at the last moment with no warning, explanation, or offer for options is despicable.  I have never been treated well by them and find this to be just another kick in the pants along the way.  I cannot wait to eventually find a new service provider.  They have never ever satisifed any of my customer needs or requirements.  I have just been told that it may take 1 to 2 bill cycles to convert to paper mail and that it is expected of me to use the MyRogers online account in the meantime.  Very frustrating to say the least.

I will likely follow other users in this forum and file a complaint with CCTS.

Scott__Garrett
I Plan to Stick Around

I got a response as a result of my complaint yesterday and suggest every else do the same. 

1) This was an "urgent business decision" that's why no notice was possible. I was not able to get any details for this change. 

2) Automatic full details paper billing is available and is being done for me now at no charge.

3) This is being done starting in the current billing cycle, no delay.

The rep listened to my complaints and said he would pass them on, but he continued to stress that things change and MyRogers is the way things are going to be moving forward.

Want to make a difference? File a complaint!

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints 

I33
I've Been Around

Very disapointed they are cancelling such a great service especially since they are canadian.

I think its about time i move away from Rogers. I have not been happy with their service and they just circle jerk us untill they can rip us off on a incorrect statement from time to time.

It's actually insane and very upetting that Rogers will no longer be using epost. Thanks for making it more difficult to see my bill every month - I don't have enough things to keep track of, now you want me to login to your specific site once a month to view my bill? If I had to do this with the 8 or 9 bills I pay every month, I'd be spending a whole day each month reviewing bills. 

So much for being customer focused.

Like many others in this forum, I too am deeply disappointed that Rogers has chosen to do away with ePost on short notice, and with no clear explanation as to why they have chosen to take this action. ePost is a service in which THE CUSTOMER can receive and manage all their bills in one central location online, quite often within their own bank. The options remaining are:

1. to receive a paper bill and pay the bill online or in person at your bank, or

2. use the MyRogers website or app to view your bills and pay it via credit card, or

3. set up pre-approved payments, where Rogers can automatically withdraw the balance of your bill.

I'm not prepared to set up pre-approved payments due to Rogers practice of making short notice changes with no clear explanations as to why the changes are being made.

While I made my latest payment using the MyRogers app, to my utter dismay the only way I could pay was by using a credit card, which comes with interest and other charges. This also results in a delay in the payment actually getting made, as the payment doesn't automatically appear on your card until it gets processed, which could take up to 2 business days. I also experienced issues with attempting to make the payment ("I'm sorry, there was an issue with processing your payment, please try again later").

As a result, I have chosen to go back to the old, wasteful way of receiving my bills by way of a paper invoice, and I will make my payments online at my bank. This will cost Rogers the cost of paper and envelopes, printing the bills, and mailing them, and Rogers will just have to wait for my payments while their bills are in the mail.

So much for Rogers wanting to improve their customer service.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

sleaf62 wrote:

While I made my latest payment using the MyRogers app, to my utter dismay the only way I could pay was by using a credit card, which comes with interest and other charges. This also results in a delay in the payment actually getting made, as the payment doesn't automatically appear on your card until it gets processed, which could take up to 2 business days. I also experienced issues with attempting to make the payment ("I'm sorry, there was an issue with processing your payment, please try again later").

Credit card payments are paid the instant you enter them. If there's a delay in processing, it's not your problem. Most bank accounts have free credit cards. I have one with both of my financial institutions, plus a PC Mastercard I got for accepting a free bag of cookies at Zehrs. You only pay interest if you choose not to pay off your balance, which is pretty crazy considering the usurious interedt rates.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@sleaf62 While the loss of epost does create an inconvenience and problems for some,  paying the bill is not a major one. You don't need to wait for a paper bill to pay though your bank. It is easy enough to use MyRogers to see what you owe then use online or phone banking. Or do like I do and pay through the banks ATM.

True enough jays77, and I will likely do that from time to time. The advantage with ePost is that I received a notification from my bank that I had received a new bill, could log into my bank account, review the bill, and pay it all at once. Like you said, it's now an inconvenience, and it's the inconvenience I don't like.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

For those who have gone to paper billing, or have always been receiving it - does it meet your needs, and do you get all details. Is it truly easier to use and more clear in understanding any changes made, to identify any errors you belief need to be dealt with and more efficient in general to meet all your needs of ordering services, changing services, getting support, and being heard when you feel that you have been "wronged", in a transaction that has occured or items that you have been billed for.

Also curious what people like about the new model - there is a discussion upcoming that you may be able to get your questions answered or clarify and compliment things.

For me, I went e-post because of the unreliability of the site from the time of the change, plus it had full details.  I can live without it and can accept a business decision not to proceed with its use, but it is clear to me that Rogers really did not fully research what it is that we do with our bills (in particular, how we access and printe/save bills, the details we require to meet business and CRA requirments).  I will acknowledge that after a lot of pressure from some very vocal customers on this issue, we did get it added to the bill that is printed/viewed in PDF format, but it was clear from day one that there was no intent to consider this need in a way that met our needs.  We were heard after the fact, but it remains unclear whether we can do the same on all devices and on paper bills.  

After comparing the two billing models,  I do not find that it has resolved my ability to minimize the miscommunication that occurs between resps and myself, and the subsequent hours of contact to correct an error, or unreasonable unexpected billing.  There almost seems to be an assumption on the part of the designers that the issues arose because we didn't understand our bills, were concerned about length (when customers didn't know that they could chooose detail or no detail), and that we were actually calling because of unexpected bills that arose out of the miscommunication that may have occured in the discussion to make a change to services.  The CRTC and goverments require you to cover a lot of detail on the changes that will impact our financial responsibilities, and many times, we only truly figure these out when we get the confirmation of changes, or the bill.  That is where the confusion often arrises for me, never because I didn't understand the concept of partial billing, or how to read various charge categories, and manage the use of shared services within my family.  It was all there, just in a slightly different format.  Graphics help, but don't resolve the conflict that arrises when initial poor and miscommunication occurs between both parties.

I will acknolwdge that rogers is trying to improve the communication and provision of clear terms and obligations of both sides to the customer, but one thing remain as a great hurdle - that is the insistance that once the deal has been closed on the comptuer, that there is not turning back.  This practice does not permit for correction of errors or miscommunications, no matter which side it was made on or often it is both sides.

An interesting example was an offer that I was given to reduce my service caps (as I didn't use them anyway), and would have no impact on current plans, no cancellations fees, could cancel anytime, and a number of other features.  

Error upon error was compounded upon each other as I worked with different reps, and this only was resolved, not by giving me the originally offered plan, as the person who implemented the quote chose the wrong options and could not turn it back, so I got one time credits to at least get the dollar figure back.

The only thing the bill will show me is all the many changes, the credits, and hopefully will not highlight some further unknown errors.  Changing the bills, do not fix this initial transaction and processing errors.  As a final note, it is the job of Rogers to make information understandable and clear to us, whether in bills, or terms, or on the phone.  The phone is one of the hardest one to do complext transactions on.

Just some thoughts on moving forward and some of the issues that impact good quality service.

Bruce

@BeckySwitzer wrote:

It's actually insane and very upetting that Rogers will no longer be using epost. Thanks for making it more difficult to see my bill every month - I don't have enough things to keep track of, now you want me to login to your specific site once a month to view my bill? If I had to do this with the 8 or 9 bills I pay every month, I'd be spending a whole day each month reviewing bills. 

So much for being customer focused.

Exactly this. Absolutely crazy to drop such an excellent solution, particularly when the alternative is a website that's so badly designed and unreliable and won't even load without having to allow a bunch of dubious scripts and widgets through Ghostery. 

I called back in October and complained and asked for paper bill.  Well guess what?    It did not happen and no bill ever arrived and now Rogers is sending emails saying my account is overdue.....

well i called today and they said my request last month was too late and "I" should have checked online and paid based on that info just for that month.   Well needless to say I said why didn't you tell me that when I called the first time ?

i could go on but we all know that the Rogers CS person apologized and said they would reverse the interest charge.

UGH!

Smiley Mad 

Good day  @killingme,

We are sorry that your billing method transition did not go as planned and that caused you on being late on a payment.

I am glad to hear that our representatives offered to reverse the late payment fee.

Let us know if there is anything else we could assist you with, in regards to this situation Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

jambit
I've Been Around

EPIC FAIL ROGERS.  E-Post performed perfectly. Frankly, I can't stand your on-line option.  As of my next bill cycle, its back to paper.  Well done.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I am glad you got compensated by repayment of the late fee, but this example is one of many where Rogers passes the blame to us (we should know to go to online billing if we don't get our bill when you say you were never told), and often state that we should have done something to prevent this when the problem was originally created by them or poorly communicated.

But definitely glad you got it fixed, I give you the credit for holding to your position - you shouldn't have to push to get things fixed, but my experience is we always do have to push, sometimes to great lengths.  

All the best, and please post if your paper bills include call details for your cell phones.

Bruce

Scott__Garrett
I Plan to Stick Around

Following this change and as a result of my CCTS complaint I was promised detailed billing. 

Didn't happen at the end of Oct, but I was told that bill was too close to my complaint. 

Now I have my Nov bill and still NO DETAILED BILLING

epic fail rogers

now I wait....

"We will now proceed to investigate the complaint, pursuant to Section 6.11(d) of the Procedural Code of the CCTS."

I'm very disappointed by the cancellation of e-post. I have both Fido and Rogers accounts and the convenience of paying these bills in one place from my bank account with my other bills through e-post has vanished. I've had to go back to paper bills. 😞

Providing E-post differentiated you from the other cell phone providers. Now there's nothing.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Good concern, but their response to CCTC was it was an urgent financial decision or something like that. it is gone, like many other things.  Our convenience being in their radar is becoming quite questionable, and the whole statement of listening and changing things is getting very worn out.

Bruce

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats