epost

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: epost

@fdassfdssfssssf you do raise a good point about special characters being allowable in the creation of your password to improve the security. This is something that we are looking to change, though I do not have a timeframe as to when it will be made available.

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ahhh  ...and more details come to light . 

Been a blast all.....  after reading this I realize I've  wasted enough time here because it's going no where.

Talked to a fella last night  that was getting what we've been asking for ...for less money ...elsewhere ....and thats what Rogers has made it all about... money ...nothing to do with customers.  Smiley Indifferent 

user1578357
I've Been Around

Hey RogersPrasana;

There is another way to pay my rogers bill as well. Rogers can mail me a bill, and I'll pay it on-line. If you think I'm going to waste my time going to the Rogers store, or logging into your stupid crappy website.......your wrong.

And if you think I'm going to pay a fee for having my bill mailed to me......wrong again.

You won't tell us why your discontinuing epost, because it has only to do with corporate greed, and passing on information that your customers ask for, like your customers themselves, is the least of your concerns. The only concern rogers has is to squeeze every dime they can out of every customer they have, and service or product quality if of absolutely no concern to rogers at all.

Scott__Garrett
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope some of you complained as well and should be receiving letters like the one I just got :

Thank you for contacting the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent agency with a mandate to receive, facilitate the resolution of, and, if necessary, resolve eligible consumer and small business complaints relating to certain retail telecommunications services.

We have received your complaint and hereby advise you that your complaint falls within the scope of our mandate and will be processed in accordance with our Procedural Code, which can be found at:

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/documents/procedural-code

We encourage you to review the Code so that you are aware of the complaint resolution process as well as your rights and responsibilities as a customer.

In accordance with Section 6.5 of the Code, we have forwarded your complaint to your telecommunications services provider (TSP). Pursuant to Section 6.6 of the Code, your TSP is to:

a) within 15 days of receipt of the complaint advise the CCTS in writing, with a copy to you, that the TSP objects to the complaint on the basis that in their view, it should not be investigated pursuant to the Procedural Code or any other lawful reason;

b) within 30 days of receipt of the complaint advise the CCTS in writing, with a copy to you, that the complaint has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of both you and the TSP; or

c) within 30 days of receipt of the complaint advise the CCTS in writing, with a copy to you, that the complaint remains unresolved and of the TSP's intention to file a written response thereto.

In the event that your TSP responds that the complaint has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of both you and the TSP and you disagree that the matter has been resolved, you must advise CCTS within 20 days of your TSP's response.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your complaint, or anything contained in this correspondence, please do not hesitate to contact us.

CCTS

P.O. Box 56067, Minto Place RO

Ottawa, ON

K1R 7Z1

1-888-221-1687

Please ensure to retain this correspondence for future reference.

Sincerely,

CCTS Assessment Team

cank3v1n
I've Been Around

But it is so inconvenient to check my email to know when will the bill arrived. Are you trying to get more money from late payment because of it? I would be very upset about not offering the epost, since it is the most straightforward, and know where will bill statement go, instead going through all over different sites for different statement. You just never try to understand what we want. 

Very upset about it! 

teabag43
I Plan to Stick Around

A previous poster had said that 407 ETR was no longer on e-post.  I was startled as I had just paid an e-post bill from them.  I went into the 407 etr site and they are still using e-post.  As a matter of fact it shows as a method of receiving and paying your bill.  Just wondered where the poster got their info.

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersStrick wrote:

ePost did not provide detailed billing Rogers provided the detailed billing and made it accessible via ePost. Some Rogers customers still get detailed paper billing monthly but these are very few and usually for expired plans. Most wireless customers get the newly designed Rogers bill, the new bill in paper format does not provide usage details unless its for overages (charges outside of what is covered by your plan). All billing details have been made available online via MyRogers. The change was in an effort to reduce the size of the bills, making them easier for customers review and to protect the environment.

online bills are available for up to 18 months, that's a lot of paper to store for anyone and even the most organized person would still take some time to find what they were looking for with that much paper to sift thru, but online bills are itemized by months and are easily accessible. I think the only arguments against online billing here are the site not always being accessible and the thought that Rogers might make a change without asking customers first or notifying them. looking back I understand where the concerns are coming from but looking ahead I'm confident that Rogers is aiming to make the online experience better not worst.

This post  has been bothering me ever since I read it so I stopped back to address it .

@RogersStrick wrote:

ePost did not provide detailed billing Rogers provided the detailed billing and made it accessible via ePost.

Who suggested otherwise? Some people went to Epost because Roger's web site was inaccessible to them due to Roger's inadequacies  and that was a way to access their bills apparently. Others are using it because of the convenience and in one sense if rogers is required by law to mail paper bills ,it isn't much of a stretch to  ask why rogers can't transfer to Epost  as a form of bill delivery if requested by the customer ... it, at this time fulfils needs that no other method of delivery does and is baisically no different than snail mail , or web site posting.  i find it hard to believe it costs more than printing and mailing the snail mail. 

@RogersStrick wrote:

The change was in an effort to reduce the size of the bills, making them easier for customers review and to protect the environment.

Did you give anyone a choice? So those who needed the detailed billing could still have it mailed if they needed it ? I see Rogers still put ads in with the last bill I got  so it seems strange that the concern for the environment seems to be solely focused on issues where a paper reduction might save Rogers some cost.

@RogersStrick wrote:

online bills are available for up to 18 months, that's a lot of paper to store for anyone and even the most organized person would still take some time to find what they were looking for with that much paper to sift thru, but online bills are itemized by months and are easily accessible.

As has been pointed out ... CRA wants records kept for 7 years .... 18 months is a 1 1/2 years... a wee bit shy of the 7 years.Smiley Wink  What does Rogers care how much room it takes to store the paper work? You're not being asked to store it in any form but electronic... only mail it out in printed format to those that request it so THEY can store it . .heck, if you stick with Epost you don't even need to do that ... it could all be done electronically with no paper involved and no problems because Epost will store the seven years of data so Rogers doesn't have to. Kind of a no brainer you'd think.

@RogersStrick wrote:

I think the only arguments against online billing here are the site not always being accessible and the thought that Rogers might make a change without asking customers first or notifying them. looking back I understand where the concerns are coming from but looking ahead I'm confident that Rogers is aiming to make the online experience better not worst.

Aiming and doing are not the same thing and Rogers has  already pretty well established their disrespect of customers just in the way they laid out the web pages  and the way they  refuse to share information with said customers.

I just read an article about A& W . They had been trying to fit the consumer to their  product line for a while now  and were startingto struggle financially . They managed to increase sales in the last while though ... They did some research to find out what the CONSUMER wanted. They acted on those findings and low and behold sales picked up in the order of 7  %.  I wonder if there is a lesson in there for Rogers ?

@teabag43  ... I think that was BS .. and I believe  he said  that he thought they were using enticements to try and wean people off Epost in favour of using the ETR  website ... not that it was no longer using Epost.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I never used ePost, but have to agree with @barndoor that finding account and bill information and details on line has steadily got more difficult. Rogers keeps changing the site almost daily, seldom for the better. For three days now I've been trying to see my PayGo call/transaction history using every route and trick in the book to no avail. It used to take a couple of clicks but now it's 20 minutes of frustration, then giving up.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
jt1
I've Been Here Awhile

Add me to the list of disguntled customers who just found this vague message saying no more Epost. They dont even offer any options in the message, just go to the horrific rogers.com general page and try and find an explanation. But alas there is none.

Obviously it is a cost cutting measure by Rogers and for those that do not use Rogers as their primary email its bonus $$ for them as folks start missing payments.

I'll have to rethink my plan to move my home phone over to Rogers.

Bring back EPost!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I believe Rogers is hinting customers should view their bills on line in place of getting them via ePost. That just adds insult to injury because the site is broken and people can't see all their account details. Just read the hundreds of complaints in this forum.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario