epost

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: epost

Hi @Scott__Garrett, the paper bill is at no cost. As for getting a detailed bill each month this is currently not an available option so you would need to contact Rogers each month to get a paper bill with call details.

I get your point wih regards to not trusting if a change will be made that will change the length of time we keep bills or the details within. I assure you that the intent is to promote a paperless billing option one that is convenient and easy for customers to use. This is why we are working hard to make our bills more clear and easy to understand, especially online and mobile versions. We are focused on enhancing MyRogers in order to give customers a consistent experience no matter how they view their bills. We wouldn't make a change contrary to this intent.

Scott__Garrett
I Plan to Stick Around

I assure you that the intent is to promote a paperless billing option one that is convenient and easy for customers to use. We wouldn't make a change contrary to this intent.

But you did, you already had a better paperless billing option, epost and you threw it away. 

To confirm if I call in every month and ask for a reprint of my bill with full details sent to me it won't cost me anything?

RogersStrick

Hi @Scott__Garrett, I should clarify that choosing paper billing as your billing option is at no cost to Rogers customers. If however you want a reprint of the invoice this will cost you $15.

Scott__Garrett
I Plan to Stick Around

It's going to cost me $15 per month to get the same detailed billing I already had with epost?!!??!

RogersStrick

ePost did not provide detailed billing Rogers provided the detailed billing and made it accessible via ePost. Some Rogers customers still get detailed paper billing monthly but these are very few and usually for expired plans. Most wireless customers get the newly designed Rogers bill, the new bill in paper format does not provide usage details unless its for overages (charges outside of what is covered by your plan). All billing details have been made available online via MyRogers. The change was in an effort to reduce the size of the bills, making them easier for customers review and to protect the environment.

online bills are available for up to 18 months, that's a lot of paper to store for anyone and even the most organized person would still take some time to find what they were looking for with that much paper to sift thru, but online bills are itemized by months and are easily accessible. I think the only arguments against online billing here are the site not always being accessible and the thought that Rogers might make a change without asking customers first or notifying them. looking back I understand where the concerns are coming from but looking ahead I'm confident that Rogers is aiming to make the online experience better not worst.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, they seem to have all their basis covered to influence our decision on paper or online billing.

If you get the paper bill, I expect that at the moment, they don't send the details, you have to go on line, but others have suggested that they are moving to putting it on the bill  - the reconfiguration of the printers (I would suspect reconfiguration of layout to pull the full data for print) not the printer, but that is techicalities.  

I would talk to a higher level person - they now say we have to go to the concerns button on the online rogers page to escalate a concern - but if you are on the phone already, I would still ask for a higher level, but I have already found that any technical issue, they refer you to chat, or the 24 hour response to a reported concern.

Find out if you will be charged if you ask for the details to be printed out along with the original bill - then you are not requesting another copy of the bill (15.00) you are asking for the details - Get your internet from another company if you wish, and just say you don't have Internet, and just deal with it on the phone.

When they were adomant in the summer that you could only get details on line, and didn't even provide a true billing copy of details, myself and others pushed for the addition on the bill (to meet CRA and business needs of the customer), I escalated three months in a row and they mailed the whole printed package - 3.20 cost on their part because they could not provide a legal full bill including all details of the transactions, which is a CRA requirement - a download of the details was nice to push to accounting software, but not useable for CRA purposes.

If they are committing to include the details once they changing the print configuration, then ask for the full details to be sent to you.

It is worth a try and not a request for another copy of the original bill - it is a request for the printed copy of the complete bill, same as you would get online, or if you did not have internet, or other reasons why you can't get it online - In those groups include the elderly, cognitively and visually impaired and other limitations on the abilty get it online.

Just asking to accomodate your wishes and desires of how you wish to be billed.  Again, doesn't hurt to ask and escalate.

Or as we learned about the CRTC explanation, take it to the commission, or use your econmic power to influence competition and just walk away.

I suggest that for now, keep pushing and escalating, all the way to commission, you do not have to do ombudsman, it is not a required step of escalation by CRTC for commission to review, but you do have to demonstrate your steps to resolve it through escalation with the provider.

Good luck,  I think you just got confused in terminology with the response of the 15.00.  You are not asking for the bill to be resent, you are asking for what was not sent.

Bruce

Scott__Garrett
I Plan to Stick Around

I just logged into my e-post and went back to a bill in the middle of 2012 (well beyond the 18 months you say the information is available on MyRogers)

I still have detailed billing via epost from 2012 so clearly you are misinformed as to how epost and MyRogers work. 

I need to keep this information for 7 years for the CRA, 18 months is useless to me. I was being environmentally friendly by using an ebill that was archived online. It's this change by Rogers that is making this more difficult for me. 

I also noticed another sneaky comment "online bills are available for up to 18 months" 10 Minutes is also within up to 18 months is this a lot like you promise use up to speeds on our internet so when we call and complain you can say you are within the agreement?

This keeps getting better and better. 

I hope the person who gets my offical complaint has better information

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

fdassfdssfssssf
I've Been Here Awhile

"Some Rogers customers still get detailed paper billing monthly but these are very few and usually for expired plans. "

Well if Rogers has grandfathered them why can they not grandfather the current ePost users?

Please also note that the Rogers Websites are so far behind in technology and security that you cannot actually use what would be considered a secure password today.  Rogers does not allow the use of special characters in your password which should actually be a requirement for password complexity.

Best Regards.

RogersStrick

ePost is a Canada Post service companies pay for the service, not something you can grandfather.

fdassfdssfssssf
I've Been Here Awhile

Well Rogers could "grandfather" the current epost Rogers clients by continuing to send our bills there.