epost

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott__Garrett
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: epost

I also contacted the CRTC, this was their response

The telecommunications industry has established an independent consumer agency, the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services Inc. (CCTS).  The mandate of the CCTS is to receive, facilitate the resolution of, and if necessary, resolve eligible consumer and small business complaints relating to certain retail telecommunications services.

If you want to actually have some chance of making a change I suggest you file a complaint as I did

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

Or by emailing info@ccts-cprst.ca; by writing to P.O. Box 81088, Ottawa, ON K1P 1B1; or by calling 1-888-221-1687.

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

OLDYELLR wrote:

So how is a paper bill easier than an on-line bill in PDF format that you can print out if you want?

For me.... takes 30 seconds to open and file a paper bill  ..... just like Rogers, it takes me $2 worth of time (headache getting to MyRogers on average) and materials to print it.

It historically has seemed to be that the norm is for the seller or provider of the product or service provides the bill at their expense .

If it was a company that I trust and they provided me with a reliable convenient invoice on line I would accept that.  In my experience Rogers is neither of those hence my preference for a paper bill that includes my call details.

And BS has added yet another voice to the fray ... are call details available or not on a paper bill ...sounds like a yea this time . Just unbeleivable. Are employees supposed to hold the party line of no call details on the written bill for all those they think they can bamboozle but allow it if they insist on it?

As far as paper bills being better for the environment and the economy than  online bills .... I'm not buying that it makes much difference to the bil one oway or the otherl... Now if Rogers stopped with all the shiny paper ads ... that might have some merit on being environmentally friendly. Smiley Wink 

barndoor

Hey BS ... the CSR I talked to this morning said call details were not available on paper bills  BUT they were coming the printers just weren't configured to do that yet... I didn't bother to escalate .... he had to go ask to get that answer. Smiley Indifferent

But the initial response was no way is it available ... with no choices.

The Epost issue smells of the same pile. (sorry...farmer pun)(I wonder if I'll be edited yet again for not keeping it clean)  Smiley LOL 

lovecats
I'm Here A Lot

Just paid my final ePost bill. That was so easy. [obscenity] this wonky website.

barndoor

lovecats wrote:

Just paid my final ePost bill. That was so easy. [obscenity] this wonky website.

And there you have it in a nutshell . Smiley LOL

I forgot to mention earlier that I couldn't log in here for a while this morning ... where does that leave my paper bill vs  on line   conundrum ... even  more in favour of the paper bill me thinks.  Smiley Wink

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor, yup, wonky website is right!  I couldn't log into the forum this morning either, although I was shown as logged in at the top. Had to log out and log into MyRogers, then click Community Forums at the bottom.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor  If I remember correctly, I think I said take it with a grain of salt.  I take so much with a grain of salt from Rogers these days, that I think I am becoming at risk for high blood pressureSmiley Winkit

She didn't mention to me that it was coming and in the que - So what does it take to configure a printer to print a preformatted PDF anyway.  Smiley Frustrated

And so we wait, but at least we have some information, contradictory information, but appears to be going in the right direction.

And I agree, the access and functioning of the my account web site is so flaky that I just hit the phones. 

Ahh, the life of being a Rogers customer. I just want to receive my services, and not have them constantly keep changing things.

Bruce

fdassfdssfssssf
I've Been Here Awhile

So I have changed my billing preferences to Paper.

I have also contacted Rogers expressing my displeasure with the ePost change.

If the cost of the paper bill is not enough, my new method of payment will cost them even more.

I will be sending them a cheque, instead of the electronic payment they have been getting.

Welcome back to the 90's!

Best Regards to all.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@fdassfdssfssssf  Very creative solution.  And without a doubt, this will cost Rogers for your inconvience.

Maybe if Rogers people are hearing this whole discussion, they may realize that making arbitrary changes with no discussion or advance notice to the customer;

having a "new and improved" web site (new, yes, but improved, that is in the eye of the beholder - us, we are the final judges and I would not call it improve because it is cumbersome, cluttered, and unreliable);

and online bill available from anywhere and on any device (well sort of, if you don't mind having limited access to printing and details on some devices, unreliable connections to the site, try many browsers, check security levels, disable popups and many other, - this may help solutions).

And all the other frustrations of innacuracies on bills, and the need to sit on top of every bill you and every detail to ensure you got what you were told, or no surprise glitch charges;

We wouldn't make such an issue of the receipt of our bill in a convienent way if we weren't dealing with so many other frustrations. And remember to add pay as you go phone accounts into the mix and those headaches with their impact on the site.  Wonder how much it costs the company for all the follow-up phone calls and chats to get things fixed.

It all adds up to unhappy customers, who start to get creative while they wait on phones and in their spare time on how to work around the next new thing, or become unaccepting of any error that gets made, or they just walk

I just want to be a happy customer, getting an accurate bill in a timely and easy manner, with reliable services.  Is this too much to ask for.

One would wonder why I stay - because only three times in 22 years have I had to deal with a mess at the level that is occurring across my access to my account, my bills, my cell phones and related account issues, incompatible browser issues, and Navigtr.  Knock on wood - and not my head - my home phone and my Internet is still reliable, and in one of my complaint calls, they actually reviewed my Internet usage and arrange for a more appropriate package, that gives me a small savings per month.  

So that also keeps me here, because once in a while I get a great rep who puts the customer first, understands the customer needs before they recommend anything, and does not try to upsell, unless it is appears to be a true benefit based upon a review of my past use of services.  Good example, if you see on my bills that I have never had data on phones, lowest Internet packages, carefully unchanged television packages and home phone packages, then don't offer me new fancy upgrades. Maybe direct me to the web site to learn about new options, or ask me if I want to hear them - I will usually say no, and cut them off if I am feeling that the proposed change does not reflect a careful review of my current needs, but I digress.  Only because I am dealing with so many issues at the same time.

So congrats on a very creative solution to to the e-bill cancellation. And if Rogers wonders why, they just need to ask the customer and read this thread - it will be clear.

Bruce

ps. So many issues at the same time got me to trusted contributor level - I am to be congratulated for sticking through it all - except, I did ban myself for a month, just to get away from it all and came back fresh, to take on my own and help others with their issues.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

fdassfdssfssssf wrote:

If the cost of the paper bill is not enough, my new method of payment will cost them even more.

I will be sending them a cheque, instead of the electronic payment they have been getting.

Make sure it's a post dated cheque for the exact due date. If you can't find any cheque books in your junk drawer (make sure you change the date to this century) and your bank charges for them, you can actually write your own, but your bank can charge you for processing if it's not properly encoded with magnetic ink or something. But if you really want to make a statement, send a bag of small change! Smiley Very Happy

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario