epost

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: epost

You're just going for likes and laughs with that post aren't you !  Smiley LOL

but it certainly sounds like a logical explanation .

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor not sure whose  post you're refering to, but I wasn't kidding. If we have trouble finding bills, so does Rogers.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
barndoor

Yes ... @OLDYELLR ...you're quite right .  If a simple old account listing  throws the system into chaos so people can't see their  bills  with out contacting Rogers staff you're likely absolutely  correct on your explanation for the rapid Epost  cancellation. 

And on that note I got my online bill yesterday and lo and behold there are my complete call details ... so i assume that the CSR was correct and the details are only available  online .  How can Rogers be allowed hold people to ransom like this with call details only being available on line?   Smiley Mad

Maybe that is a question for the CRTC

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Like everyone else, I have asked why, but as with everything else, now that I have been away for in a bu a bit and thought, it will be in,  a business plan somewhere, could be costs, could be anything bu-t we will probably never know.  Just the way it is, but do keep asking why?

On a side topic to this though, I presented their support with an interesting snag - my laptop bricked two weeks ago due to Windows 10 Fastbios start files currupted my boot sector and bios.  The bios was completely bricked.  It is a known issue, if you dig for it, you will find it.  You have to turn it off on older Bios machines.  There is a special chip design for this feature  this feature uuei or something like that.

So I had to make some decisions, that then presented problems for getting my bills.  I decided to turn my smartphone into a desktop - I really don't use much on the computer - I already typed with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combination, and could plug it into the HDMI plugs on my TV or my other monitors that are just hanging around.

But as we all know, we can neither see details of calls, by clicking on call details, nor can you view print/save (even though it says you can on the page above where it should be) on a smartphone.  Tried all the browsers that people suggested, none worked, so now I am going to the library with a thumb drive for my bills, and I can at least see the total I owe and some detail, just cannot save them.  CRA requires you have seven years back.

E-post, as required by law related to CRA ;knows that bills have to be saved 7 years, so they keep them seven years. Beyond all the other benefits stated for E-post by others, this is also an important one.

The rep said that she would pass my issue on as feedback, because we are going to see more and more people being on smartphones or tablets or combinations thereof.  I deal with one organization that has 500 devices being used - all tablets witthkeyboards, able to connect to the old monitors and linked  to their phones.  Everything they need in a 6x8 container, larger if they prefer a folding keyboard, or ask for a larger tablet for accommodation for vision.

For now, we seem to be stuck again, coming up with workarounds.  I still remain with the question, I know you listen to us, but do you ask us questions proactively when you go forward with your technology changes and designs.  Since you completely reprogrammed the myaccount app to do almost everything we need, except see details, and save a pdf, it could have been added up front.  but we all know from the original rollout of the desktop version that there was no original intention for us to ever have the full details, and that it was by design that the app did not save the pdf, nor could you see it.  They listened when many of us pointed out the legal requirements of CRA on the definition of a bill and how phone usage can be used for billing back to your employer, or a customer, or writing off the business portion of your phone usage.

As for the question, I have the same question, but don't expect an answer.  By the way, ETR407 is trying to get us to do the same thing, but they gave us a years heads up on their plans, and have been transitioning us over through incentives, not forcing us to make a choice.  I fully expect them to drop e-post at some point, but at least we know well in advance, and they even told me why - it was a duplication of costs using their own systems to feed data to e-post, so they bought an enterprise application software to create the online bills froms their own systems.  And just think, ETR407 is a company with a reputation for driving its customers nuts at times.  So my guess, and only a guess, is Rogers is doing the same thing.

The rep did agree to push my feedback/suggestion up to her highest levels, because the way I articulated it, it was clear that it will be a growing problem and a chance to be proactive and imp rove their services - I said that and she agreed.  Made her and my day.

Bruce

aist
I've Been Around

Rogers support, 

What is going to happen if I am not changing anything  in my billing  settings?

How will you deliver bills then?

PLEASE REINSTATE ePost bills delivery!!!

Thanks,

Really Angry Customer.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@aist that's a very good question and needs to be answered. The logical alternative would have to be paper billing by snailmail. But how would that be cheaper than ePost?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
barndoor

Anyone ... with Epost do you get your usage details ? ie... an itemized list of your phone call?

When I switched to snail mail hoping to get  the usage details back after they cancelled them with the new billing system, I was told I had to go to online billing to get them back  .... which is what has happened.

Is all of this just about getting people all on, online billing?

penzioner
I Plan to Stick Around

I do get detailed usage with Epost, both voice and data.

nikolas74
I've Been Around

Answer the questions Rogers! Why are you making this so diffcult for your customers? Why did you get rid of epost, and not give your customers any notice? Do I need another reason to switch wireless carriers? Trust me you've given me plenty!

barndoor

@nikolas74 wrote:

Answer the questions Rogers! Why are you making this so diffcult for your customers? Why did you get rid of epost, and not give your customers any notice? Do I need another reason to switch wireless carriers? Trust me you've given me plenty!

Don't you have your answer? ... no response  to the question by Rogers staff ... ..  a cost to Rogers for dealing through Epost seems to be the case .... no usage details available via snail mail ..... usage details now only available through my Rogers online it would seem . 

To me it just seems to be an end run manoeuver to reduce costs by  steering customers toward  My Rogers and online billing without getting in trouble with the CRTC ... you still have a choice all be it a lopsided one.  Smiley Wink