enhanced Guide?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: enhanced Guide?

Just like you're entlitled to your opinion.... Shouldn't we be able to do the same!? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You asking GD if they work for Rogers is not a opinion.. Some of us like Pauly said take time out of our lifes & all to help you guys out that does not mean we work for the company. Also in return we get responses like this because we try to help..

Also IF they worked for Rogers it has nothing to do with the OP does it? Now please stay on topic.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not a rogers employee.

I never said anyone wasnt entitled to their opinion.

I was mostly replying factual info, to your stuff about the contract.

----

The new guide.. to like or no to like.. now THAT is an opinion 🙂

It seems that MOST here are of the NOT... i am one of the few FOR... but again, everyone is entitled to their opinion on it 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey there,

My frustration with the "enhanced" guide isn't the contents, it's the functionality. I think it looks nicer, has a better look-and-feel to it and offers some much improved features for sorting and searching for content. What I'm extremely frustrated about with the guide is that it simply doesn't work!

Since downloading it I've had it not record programs that were scheduled (for no apparent reason and I have lots of free space), it repeatedly gets "stuck" while fast-forwarding through a recording to the point where I've had to turn off the box. I've also had the menus get completely confused and show up in a jumble that you can't even scroll through and those along with the random lock-ups and incredibly slow response to actions just makes for a terrible experience! I feel like Rogers has pushed software to me to test for them and for the amount we're paying in monthly services this is unforgivable. As a software developer myself I can't believe that this buggy a product has been even allowed to be pushed to customers - my head would roll if I pushed out anything as dysfunctional as this to my clients.

I really want to like the upgrade but I simply cannot. What I'd like to know is whether Rogers is going to issue patches for these issues - are they even working on fixing this? I understand that rolling back to the previous version will wipe your existing recordings so that's not an option for me at this point. And with this week being the big week of finales I'm bracing for what's not going to be recorded. Since On-Demand doesn't retain long histories of shows and since I'm also way-behind on a few shows I've recorded I may not even be able to catch it before it is gone.

I would never have thought that I'd be looking at other options but this "enhanced" guide has certainly made me do so. Rogers, get your act together or you will lose my business to be sure.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My thoughts and problems.  I see other people have had the same issue:

1.  5 minutes prior to a recording scheduled, it tells me that there isn't enough room on my PVR.  I currently have more than 60% space FREE.  The options are "manage recordings" or "dismiss".  Dismiss function doesn't work and I have to hit Manage Recordings.

2.  Mysteriously recorded items now disappear at a random time afterwards.  I believe I may have had these recordings set to "until i erase" so it just took it upon itself to remove some of them.  I wasn't given an option to "manage recordings".

3.  I don't know if this is the problem, but I'm thinking it's only doing this when it's wanting to record something i've got "record this day in this time slot" or "record all on this channel" for example.  Does it think because i have 60% space currently, that isn't enough space to fit an entire season and it's assuming I won't be deleting other programs over the weeks as I watch them?  If that's the case, then every program I have set to record each week is going to screw everything up and I'm going to have to manually go in each night and record what's playing that evening.   I should only be looking at the space needed for THAT particular program on that day.

UGH!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know this may not be viable for you, depending on what you have on your PVR...

But i had one or two space miss interpretations initialy, just after the conversion.

After watching & deleting them ALL.. (at least all the stuff that was on there prior to the upgrade).. seemed to fix it.

We only get a space warning now at 85+% (depends on what we are recording).

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does anybody know how to set the sleep timer on this new guide? How do I see which other channel is broadcasting the same program I am currently watching?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also having problems since Rogers updated to the new guide.  My problem is with the "stretching" functionality.  This worked perfectly with the old guide.  I've been on the phone to Rogers since the upgrade, over a month ago.  The CSR's, for the most part, are not familiar with the functionality of the new guide.  One CSR kept giving me help based on the old guide, even though I said I had the new guide.

Each time I call in I have to go through their checklist of remedies even though I said that I've tried all of them, even had  a tech out at my house who saw the problem.  Finally one of their CSR's saw the same thing on their TV so they admitted that I'm not dreaming when I explain my problem to them.  I keep getting automated messages to say that the problem has been corrected but it actually hasn't.  When I call back they tell me that the order ticket has been closed and opens up a new one.

I keep asking for a supervisor or manager but only on my last call was I able to speak to a supervisor.  He said that he'd check it out and call me back.  No surprise, he didn't.

I've even threatened to switch to Bell, which I might just do.  I'm at my wits end.  I can change back to the old guide where it worked perfectly, but I'm told that it'll be obsolete in 6 - 9 months and will have to change back to the new guide then.

HELP!!! 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Define the problem.. and we might be able to help you? 

what stretching problem are you having?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

What happened to the sleep timer? It has disappeared! I used it every night. Help!