enhanced Guide?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee Toff
Rogers Employee

Re: "enhanced" Guide

It's actually not locked specifically to the NextBox. Someone with a NextBox will still have to have the product code for the new enhanced guide and therefore if the product code is removed it will also issue a downgrade to have the original guide. The same applies for the 8642 which really is only a name change to the NextBox, but the hardware and functions are similiar, with the exception of a name change from 8642 to NextBox.
Rogers Employee Jeffrey
Rogers Employee

Re: enhanced Guide?

Hello,

You can also visit this Rogers site to see if your current box supports the new guide and you can request the new guide online.

Rogers Enhanced Guide

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: "enhanced" Guide

@Meowmix wrote:
From what i knlw the nex Nextboxes come with the new IPG pre installed. No the Nextbox has the same firmware as the ones we got on our boxes but when i spoke to 8 different cable tech support they told me the nextboxes are the only boxes that are not able to be downgrade. I searched online and have not seen anyone able to do it. They r able only on the other boxes.

Picked up a Nextbox PVR, with the new IPG preinstalled, from the Rogers store this Friday.  Saturday morning, I called Rogers to push out the "old" IPG.  They did it right away.  I rebooted the Nextbox, and the "old" IPG loaded.  It is working well.  Therefore, "Nextboxes" can be downgraded.

I've Been Here Awhile

I went and got the NextBox without realizing that I had to 'ask' Rogers to update the Enhanced guide myself.

I did so, but then it never updated. So I called Rogers and asked them to fix. When they said that they restarted the box and it should be in. Nothing happened.

Then I called again, and they transferred me to "business services" (whatever that is). He told me that he restarted the box and in 72 hours I would get this enhanced guide. He also told me that I had to restart the power every few days.

Anyway, It's been a week, and nothing's happened and I still have the old guide.

The ONLY reason I want the other guide is so that seraching for shows could be easier.

What I can't understand is why this Enhanced guide (if it's so great) why not have it pushed down to EVERYONE but instead ask us to request it.

Now reading this forum, I'm wondering if I even want it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive its because of some peoples complaints.. that they DONT want the new guide.. that they didnt push it out to all by default.

The new guide, has bugs/quirks that some people dont like (but so did the old guide).
Some people HATE the new layout.. some people like it.  Some people find it small... some (like myself) cant stand the big old one, and do not find the new one too small.. may depend on the TV size.

Some people have had some issues with the boxes.. rebooting, lockups, etc.  Others like myself, other than a few of the minor bugs.. have had a problem free experience with it since it was rolled out.

So in the end.. its your call on it or not.. they can always roll it back for you afterwards.

I've Been Here Awhile

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!

NEW GUIDE YESTERDAY, BACK TO OLD GUIDE TODAY!

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS UPDATE THE OLD GUIDE COLOURS AND LEAVE EVERYTHING ALONE!!!

ROGERS IS TRYING WAY TOO HARD AND FAILED IN ORDER TO COMPETE WITH BELL NEW FIBE TV INTERFACE!

TECH I SPOKE TO SAID ROGERS IS GETTING FLOODED WITH CALLS DUE TO ISSUES AS MENTIONED IN THIS POST!

THEY RAISED MY CONTRACT MONTHLY COST WITH NO LETTER OR PHONE CALL FOR THIS STUPID UPGRADE!?!?

THE POINT OF A CONTRACT IS TO PROVIDE THE CONSUMER A PEACE OF MIND THAT CHARGES WON'T CHANGE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CONTRACT! THERE IS A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT COMING I HEARD!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I understand your upset.. but lay off the capslock.. its not necessary.

The like or not like the guide.. thats personal opinion.  I had to turn my head away on the old guide, on my 47" LED tv.. it was NOT designed for HDTVs properly... could the new one use improvement, sure.

---

Your monthly cost, went up, not due to this upgrade.. all plans went up across the board.  There was a mailing out, that outlined the changes.  It was not mass mailed, it was directly addressed (i did receive one).  Though it was not in like your bill, so it could have been mistaken for an addvert mailing or something like it (or it was possibly never delivered, etc).

I beleive you are under the wrong impression for the contract though.  There are many types of contracts, but this is not one that is that way.
These types of contracts, are set up, that you agree to pay them.. often doesnt matter what plan, but a plan, for X period (1-3 years).. in exchange for a discount on hardware, lower payments for the year, etc, whatever the deal is.  These contracts are NOT set that the prices can not change, etc.

This type of info, is usualy contained within the ToU, EULA or whatever contract papers that have to be signed, when initialy signing up for your services.. they will usualy say that prices can change, etc.   This is why you need to read EVERY WORD on the papers.. and if they dont have the info there.. ask them for something that has it, before you sign. (even if you are doing it over the phone, have them email you the info first to read).

I have not heard a single thing on a class action lawsuit... many people threaten this.. but never do it.
I would have to find the agreement.. but often in the agreements for these types of things, there is usualy a clause where it says you can not take them to court over it, it has to be settled through artbitration.

I've Been Here Awhile

Gdkitty, you sound like a proud undercover Rogers employee. Are you !? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ADAMD, he definitely does not, why you say that boggles my mind.  Maybe it should occur to you there are actually exist people who do not work for companies nor get paid but do spend some of their free time offering help to others, yeah it sounds difficult for you to grasp this but its true, im also one of those who offer help on my own personal time, and this is the thanks people like us get?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Pauly I would not waste my time with him. A lot of people think this because we all offer help and say our opinions. It seems people that hate Rogers sonmuch think everyone that is saying a bit good things are "undercover" worker's of Rogers....

Anyways back on topic please..