enhanced Guide?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: "enhanced" Guide

Yes. The NextBox comes with pre installed IPG in it. Its the same box as the 8642HDPVR just renamed it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually......i was having problem with the new IPG (and hardware). So, after the third try I finally got a NextBox.

I do not have the 'whole home PVR" setup (its one of these things I would never use),so I use this NextBox 8642 just as a regular PVR. When I got home to do the setup,I immediately called the CSR and requested I keep the old IPG. No problem,and its been working great ever since.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but the nextbox is the new 8642 boxes in which carry the new IPG in which you can not revert back. If you have the old 8642 hdPVR in which does not say " Nextbox" on the box, then you are able to go back to the old IPG
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If that is true then the issue is with the "Firmware" being a newer version on the Netbox otherwised I don't see an issue with a Netbox getting the downgraded Guide. 

Can anyone confirm if they were able to downgrade a Netbox guide (via Rogers).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I got downgrade on my 8642HD PVR a week ago. If you go into the New IPG and Whole home PVR thread u will see many have been able too downgrade. All u need to do is call rogers and have them downgrade it for u.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I know ( if you read back) you can see I posted the steps... what I am saying is in reference to your comment that the new boxes can't downgrade... therefore do the the new boxes have a newer "Firmware" ( not the same as the guide software).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

From what i knlw the nex Nextboxes come with the new IPG pre installed. No the Nextbox has the same firmware as the ones we got on our boxes but when i spoke to 8 different cable tech support they told me the nextboxes are the only boxes that are not able to be downgrade. I searched online and have not seen anyone able to do it. They r able only on the other boxes.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

but how can you be sure the firmware is the same, I started another post asking how I can view things like firmware version.

firmware is like Bios it is embedded in the hardware generally used by the device to perform it's functions where as software is more like the OS and takes user input and GUI we deal with.... (I think you know this)

Firmware is not normally updated over the network... eg any device I have ever updated firmware for has required downloading a file then copying to a USB or SD card... Camera's, Blu Ray, TV etc.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Because i have the Nextbox & the original 8642HD PVR & i have seen that they both have the same firmware on them. It might just be the Nextbox is locked from being downgraded. You never know.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This new Interactive Program Guide is poorly tested, I have the old Explorer 8242HD and upgraded to it. The new IPG is very SLOW and it LAGS all the time. It seems like the remote control is not compatible at all with it. You have to press twice or even thrice before the it shows the menu and program guide.

One feature they introduced is the PRIORITY list recording which is not useful at all and it messed up all the scheduled recordings. I also notice the message that keeps coming up that there isn't enough space to record an hour show while in fact my PVR has only used up the 10% of the hard drive!

I reverted back to the old BORING Program Guide after few days.

ROGERS please read all the comments here! better hire a QA/UAT Tester and a real Programmer/Developer!