enhanced Guide?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

enhanced Guide?

I have the newer Cisco PVR (aka next box), I thought the Enhanced guide was separate from the Whole home PVR.  Is it not supposed to download and install at some point (I thought it was supposed to happen in Feb)?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: enhanced Guide?

You need to call in & ask them to push the update to you. That is the only way to get it now. Also its called IPG

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You need to call in & ask them to push the update to you. That is the only way to get it now. Also its called IPG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks, I'll check it out

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Your welcome 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

also, when Iposted this there was no link to request online, but I see now under "My Rogers there is a link...

Order Enhanced Guide

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

oh fyi... careful when you request it, you might interrupt your shows.   About half an hour after I requested to push the update, the box Rebooted on it's own, then the display cycled through a bunch of codes as it downloaded the new Guide.... it will reboot a few times... you will see the Cisco label a few times and finally the "Loading" Red Bar should be the last thing... after which you may have to manually turn on the box  (when you see the display on box is back on).. it took about 20 minutes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok people, the new guide is useless. As soon as it was installed, it was not long before I started having issues with it rebooting. I would press the record button to record the current show... Nothing would happen, then all of a sudden it would reboot. This happened several times over the last couple of days. Every time I tried to record it would reboot. Even when scheduling it did not happen right away, but at some point seemed related to recording when it rebooted. I also noticed that the hard drive was showing 59. Percent even though there were no shows in the recorded list ( update is supposed to wipe clean anyways). So glad I could assist in debugging this useless update. Btw, the guide looks slick but really is not all that better with functionality. The good thing is the guide spreads across the screen, problem is the preview of your current show is spread across the top and you only see the top half of your show as opposed to seeing the entire show in the top right...... This is a big fail because there is plenty of room to leave it the same and still spread the guide out across the 16:9 screen size. I noticed other comments regarding the fact that They rushed this out to compete with Bell Fibe TV and it certainly seems like they have not worked out all the bugs
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI, if you want the old guide back, contact billing not tech. Request the old guide and be sure to let them know the new guide is useless. when it reboots you may see the new guide still, but within a few minutes it should reboot again and after that the old guide should be back
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: "enhanced" Guide

Can't agree more. I've been using the new guide for several weeks now, and as a programmer myself I would be completely embarrased for customers to use it. It crashes, it runs out of resources every few days, the UI design is extremely poor and cluttered, and boy is it *slow* - it can take multiple seconds from when you press a button to see the reaction on screen. Did anyone test before they released it? I've been a faithful Rogers customer for years, and this is the biggest reason I've had to switch to Bell. They'd better fire whoever was responsible and get it fixed ASAP before they lose too many customers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: "enhanced" Guide

Are you forced to use the new IPG if you upgrade to the NetBox promotion?