enhanced Guide?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: enhanced Guide?

Thanks again.  I may give the new IPG another try on a stand alone basis on my 8642 before going to Whole Home to see if I can get it to record properly.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: "enhanced" Guide

I just got a second NextBox and it has the old guide. Don't really like it much. When you block a channel it still shows when scrolling the guide. And there is no way to change the appearance to Modern tv userguide. IWhich does, btw, show the complete pic in lower right.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you go into the myrogers section, under your TV account, there is a link there to do it.. but some people have had mixed results about it working.

Best case, give them a call, they can push the update out to you.

It could take a few hours before it gets pushed out.. as well, could take time, and repeated reboots for it to finalize
(just to be aware.. so it could interfear with recording times, etc if set).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey guys I have an 8642 (pre nextbox on front of box) hdpvr with all of rogers men cannot get the enhanced guide on my box want it need bad for whole home PVR tried work orders removing box from account also tech says they can't talk to box through there end any ideas
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Interesting problem.    Many people don't like the enhanced guide on the 8642HD (which is the same as an NB2).   Only the label changed.    The Enhanced Guide is finally fairly stable on these but it will slow down your machine dramatically and make it really frustrating  to work with.   I'm actually surprised anyone is still running the old software as I thought Rogers forced everyone by now to be on the Enhanced Guide.

I have one of these and I've had the Enhanced guide now for a couple of years.   It was really buggy for a long time and needed frequent re-boots but stabilized about 6 months ago or so.    I replaced the hard drive in mine with more storage and more speed to partially improve its response but it's still quite slow.   I've resisted going to an NB3 because although it is much faster than the NB2, it has a couple of bad bugs that have not yet been fixed in the year it's been out.   These problems don't exist on the 8642HD I have.

I had a similar problem to yours when the Enhanced Guide came out.  In addition to 8642HD I have 2x 4642HD non-pvr units as well.   I could not get the Enhanced Guide to be sent to one of the 4642HD units.   ONly 2 out of 3 units had it.   This went on for a long time.   I was convinced Rogers has a bug updating more than 2 units in a home.    After trying several times with Rogers techs I gave up for a while, then one day late last year, the 3rd unit just got an update all of a sudden without me doing anything.   I assumed from that that Rogers had fixed whatever bugs their distribution system had.

If you haven't called in already, you might request the Enhanced Guide again and if doesn't work, get on the phone with the techs and escalate as the push in their system is automatic.   In other words you have to place the order again.    Try powering down the unit and on again after you place the order.    It wasn't successful for me the first time either, even with the 8642HD.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: enhanced Guide?

If you haven't yet, get a tech out to the house. Could be a communication problem on the line. And they can then request the push to their back end people, etc.