emailing rogers for complaints

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

emailing rogers for complaints

i moved to china. cancelled my account (and paid a hefty fee) and returned the internet box. now rogers charged me for this month's internet. since calling them will be horribly expensive giving the wait times and i don't have time to wait to chat i want to send an email.

anybody knows the email details. thank you.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: emailing rogers for complaints

Hello wowzer

Rogers no longer has a email service for customers to email & write a complaint / tech support. They have a toll free number if you like. You can always buy a phone card & use that to call Rogers as well. Here is where to find the number to contact Rogers

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As for the charge of this month... even when you cancel and pay the fee, there is still a 30 days after notification (which is pretty much standard across most companies), which is why you are paying even after you have handed it in.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

this is vijay mariampillai i'am with rogers last 10 yrs some new operators they dont know how to fix problems or how to change differnt plan somw times after while they hang up on the coustmers thats not good at all sick and tired of it one thing you can dodont hire the people without experince.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vmariambillai

Rogers has something called Rogers Live Chat. You can go on your computer & talk to a Rogers Live agent & they can help you without dropping the convo like the phone does. You can do that if you wish.

You have no right to say that to be honest. People need jobs & if the company sees they can do it, they will hire them. Experience or not, people get the jobs. Most jobs people do not have experience. So please do not come in here & make comments like that.

Some reps are NOT trained to do what you ask them. If you want tech help, ask to be transferred to the tech line. If you want to speak to someone in billing & make complaints / want a discount, ask for Rogers retentions or a Manager. The can help you. Normal CSR ( Customer service reps) are not trained for everything.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I would have loved to email Rogers my complaint regarding the Samsung Galaxy SIII that I bought three weeks ago from one of their "stores" but obviously you can't any more...sad...so I guess I'll try the online chat thingy tomorrow evening...if I can get online before midnight eastern time....

What I'd really like is Rogers to send me a replacement phone as the one I have...over the last three weeks has restarted itself or shut itself off more than 10 times...in three weeks!  There doesn't seem to be a reason for it.  I purchased a new battery for it as the girl at their "store" thought maybe it was the battery (it's not....) I'm disappointed that she just couldn't give me a replacment phone at the "store" (in quotes as Rogers doesn't seem to actually manage their stores) and that I have to contact Rogers directly.  I'm NOT going to call in as the wait time, the last time I had issues with a phone sold by a Rogers "store" was over 1/2 an hour.

I'd like to have it replace. I rely on this phone as it's the one way for my child to contact me at any time of the day.  Having it shut itself down is NOT acceptable. I had an iPhone and should have stuck with it although it too (was a 3GS) was starting to now have problems too (hence the new phone).  While I accpet maybe my choice of phones wasn't the right one I do NOT accept responsiblity for a faulty phone nor do I feel it's my responsiblity to contact Rogers, instead of the seller, to have it replaced.

I'm stuck in a contract until 2017.  I do not, at this point intend to renew the contract again nor will I recommend Rogers to anyone...help me...redeem yourselves or at least the name of your company.  Get me a new phone that works...test it before you send it to me...please replace.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hanging up on customers is not acceptable nor is not training your staff.  IF the person answering the phone doesn't know the answer there should be someone they can transfer you to.  IF they are unsure they should be asking their supervisor. 

Don't blame a customer for the lack of training given to the call centres staff.  My husband works in a call centre and I can tell you he is well trained and if he doesn't know the answer he finds someone who does.  It's called quota.  The call centre person(s) have a quota of calls to meet or get fired.  Admit it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That the phone is broken/not working, really in the end, is not rogers fault.. thats a SAMSUNG issue, rogers is just the reseller.

That being said, rogers should be HELPING to resolve this.

Unless you bought it over the phone, if you got it from the store, most of the time, any exchanges, etc, have to be done at store level, often at where you bought it from.

Unfortunately that leaves you at the disgression of the managers there, who may say no on some things 😞

At min, if its past the 'exchange' period, they should be sending it out for repair for you, since its still within warranty, and be providing you with a loaner till its fixed.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

he probably hung up on you because you were either very rude/arogant to him, or you swore or yelled at him, remember, the people on the other end of the phone are human too, yelling and name calling them is inappropriate, if your mad and wanna yell at someone walk to the mirror and yell and scream in the mirror or maybe in the corner of your wall.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly.

Not all of us yell or swear at reps. I can give you 20+ recordings i have recorded in where when i ask a question, the rep either puts me on hold then hangs up or hangs up of they can not answer it. Even if you yell, they have NO right to hang up unless they warn you. They must warn you to lower your voice and if you do not, that is when they can hang up or transfer u to a manager.