emailing rogers for complaints

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: emailing rogers for complaints

I think that Pauly has made an assumption here and we all know the little idiom about the word "assume". 

You are 100% correct though Meowmix. Though I have never recorded any conversations with a Rogers CSR, it has been obvious to me on a few occasions that some of them have no clue what they are talking about and when you question them, they cannot get you off the phone fast enough and even go so far as to hang up on you!

It also cannot be reiterated enough that even if a customer comes across as somewhat obnoxious, that a customer service agent has to put themselves above the customer and deal with them. If you cannot do that, then you are in the wrong occupation.

I am not a Rogers employee, nor will I beg you to like my posts! 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Frazzled

The problem is that this happens often when the reps do not want to answer or do not care. Often i warn them i am recording the convo & they either hang up or start telling me they will sue me & hang up. Funny that they can not sue me SEEING as i am telling them i will record them. I even ask them & they yell. I just call back & play the recording to which ever manager i speak to. I am guessing on my life they know i am recording the convo so it warns the reps before i do lol. I even go as far as send the recordings to the Office Of The President. They can do whatever they like to the reps after that.

Not all of us swear or argue with the reps so Paulys assumption is not valid. Assuming someone is yelling or swearing is not needed on here unless the OP said they did it.

back on topic, i advice everyone when i speak to them to record the convos. This way you have proof what the rep is doing & when they are hanging up. Reps hang up like you said as either they do not want to answer or have no clue & do not want to get someones help. Many times i noticed this & have even warned the reps if they hang up i will call back & make a complaint. They hang up & i call back making a complaint. They deserve it.

Rogers says its their systems at times. I can agree AT TIMES but not all the time to everyone. If its the system, get a new one instead of leaving it like that. We all know its the reps tho.

Sad part is we can not do much.
whatservice
I've Been Around

I purchased the 'ZONE 1: U.S. Talk & Text Travel Pack1 - 25 Minutes & 100 Sent Text' before we went away and was assured it was added to our plan.  I just got the bill.  Rogers had not added it and charged me for every text, outgoing and incoming.  I want to know where I look to find a history of my order.  Asking a rep over the phone was useless.  As she said, she is told what to say by Rogers and that is that.  No help was given. After years of being a paying customer you'd think Rogers would want to keep the customer.  I guess not.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello whatservice

Unfortunately there is no way to see history of u ordering anything with Rogers unless it was added on the account.. Then you would see it on the invoice. You could contact Rogers on Facebook and Twitter @RogersHelps to see if they can help you in any way possible.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While it shouldnt be necessary...

Often when i make a major change or addon... i will contact them and ask them to add it, etc..

Then call back like 30 mins later, ask the next person, if it was added.

A waste of extra time.. but makes sure its done.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Agreed with you!. Its not really a waste of extra time per say as you are calling back to see its their & have a piece of mind for it. It is better to call back right after or a few minutes after to make sure its there.

Also @Whatservice. Ask them to write down a note on the account explaining what is being done & ask them for the interaction number for it. This way when calling in , you an give them that interaction number.
sbragg
I've Been Around

rogers is the worst company I have ever dealt with. My interent only owrks half of the time and then it takes at least an hour to get some one to help me. I now try to cancel my services online but no I cant do that because you want me to waste at least an hour waiting for one of your representative to get around to answering the call. what a useless company

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sbragg

Have you tried contacting Rogers on Rogers Live chat, Rogers Facebook page & Rogers on Twitters @RogersHelps

You can try those options & see if they can help you. Also you can hang up & call back to see if it will work.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I swear I must just call at the right time of day.. I am rarely on hold for more than 5. Or just lucky.

Calling in to cancel, ontop of them having a last chance to retain you, is also a security feature. Since the login is shared with other things like RoD, too easy for someone like a child to go in and accidentally do it.

When you are looking around for other providers, do your research. If it's bad infrastructure in your area, changing to a TPIA provider that uses Rogers lines could be just as bad. Ask around with others on other providers in that area.

carlb
I Plan to Stick Around

You can email a manager if you go to support bottom of page and click on share a concern, I have had great reults dealing with problems that way as it goes straight to managers. I was dealing with a very frustrating billing issue lately, and I recieved a call from office of the president ( or so I was Told )  and problem was resolved very quickly.