email being sent to contacts that are not from me.....virus I presume

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

email being sent to contacts that are not from me.....virus I presume

I have mcAfee extra fully covered and there seems to be a mail going out to my contacts that are not from me.  I have scanned and I have the McAfee on all times that I am on.  I had Explorer but moved to Chrome.  I didn't like Firefox.  People are still getting these messages with an attachment to open.  I have changed my password but with all that done, I am still having the problem.  What can I do next?  People are getting frustrated but I doing what I have read other moderators suggested but the problem still exists.  Please help.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: email being sent to contacts that are not from me.....virus I presume

Hello @sheryl99

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

This might be something one of our Resident Experts @Datalink or @Gdkitty might be able to assist with.

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sound like it might be.
Is it JUST going to the people on your contact list?

As well a question, are you using an email client (Microsoft mail, outlook, etc) for your mail? Or just the webmail.

If you only use the webmail, then the only way would be for them to have your account access, wouldn't be a virus per say then.

McFadden will find virus's ok, but can often miss malware. Could try doing a scan with a good one like malwarebytes

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's sending to people on my Rogers Email account.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I now have malware bytes premium