dta50 box and iniversal remote?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

dta50 box and iniversal remote?

I'm using a DTA50 box on a small TV in my office, where I don't need more than the basic channels. I hate the small Cisco remote, with its rounded bottom. The remote sits on my desk and when I press buttons on the outer column the thing rolls over. Is there a universal remote that will work with this box?

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: dta50 box and iniversal remote?

In my experience, the universal remotes you buy for $10 at Walmart, etc, sedom work on anthing. At the other end of the scale, there are Harmony remotes that cost more than a TV. I don't like the DTA remote from Rogers either, but for a different reason. It won't turn my kitchen TV on and off, or change the picture size and shape, so I have to use both remotes. I do believe people have been able to set up Rogers STB remotes to control a DTA, but I doubt Rogers would just give you one because you don't like the one you get for free.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: dta50 box and iniversal remote?

Well, the Cisco DA remote is technically a universal remote. It can be programmed to operate your tv also.  It sounds as though your not actually happy with the physical remote though.

You could possibly return it to the store and ask for a standard digital box remote (sometimes called a 5 button). This is the larger remote typically supplied with digital boxes. The other option is to go to your local electronics store, and start looking for one that would have a flat bottom to lay on your desk properly.