cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does roger support arris modem?

jazpreez
I've Been Around

Hi,  I have arris tg862g modem.  Does roger support it.  If not, what s recommended modem that everyone recommends here to buy ourselves.   

I waited almost 40 minutes to chat with a technical support person at roger live chat, does it even work at night?  The initial wait was 5 minutes. 

Thanks

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: does roger support arris modem?

wayner92
I'm a Reliable Contributor

For the most part Rogers doesn't support third party modems.  Some people have got Rogers to provision such modems but it often takes many calls to tech support and hours of time on the phone.  The bottom line is that it isn't worth the hassle.

The other thing is that modem is an 8x4 channel modem and Rogers is trying to push people, at least hose on their higher end services, to 24x8 channel modems - namely the Hitron CGN3.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

wayner92

For the most part Rogers doesn't support third party modems.  Some people have got Rogers to provision such modems but it often takes many calls to tech support and hours of time on the phone.  The bottom line is that it isn't worth the hassle.

The other thing is that modem is an 8x4 channel modem and Rogers is trying to push people, at least hose on their higher end services, to 24x8 channel modems - namely the Hitron CGN3.

Other than it still has a few bug... the CGN3 is likely the best choice.. and give the LONGEST run before needing to be replaced (due to technology change, etc).

WHile this unit is a GATEWAY, (modem and router in one), you can put the unit into BRIDGED mode, turning it into a modem only.

Bigest of the bugs that effect some, is the 10/100 linking issue.. where 10/100 devices pluged directly into the unit, seem to appear to link at only 1/2 duplex or less.. resulting in much slower speeds than it should be.

saya
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers can support any modem if you can convince them to....Rogers and most cable use a headend system known as a CMTS which is (cable modem termination system) the problem is Rogers prefers people not to purchase and add to their CMTS. It will take alot of phone arguing and the right rep to actually understand lol.

BrunoG0330
I've Been Here Awhile

Arris Modems use to be a Rogers modem and as long as you were provided this mdm by Rogers, yes they support it!

wayner92

@BrunoG0330 wrote:

Arris Modems use to be a Rogers modem and as long as you were provided this mdm by Rogers, yes they support it!

Even that depends on what service you have.  As I mentioned above this is a 8x4 channel modem.  Rogers is trying to push people to 24x8 modems in their mid and higher tier services.  Certainly this modem would not be supported for their 150Mbps and 250Mbps services.

But the OP seems to have disappeared since starting this thread three weeks ago.

DominicB
I Plan to Stick Around

Does Rogers offer this?

http://www.arris.com/globalassets/resources/data-sheets/tm3202_datasheet.pdf

16 hour backup for phone.  I'm in an area that says 1g Ignite is available.

"Does Rogers offer this?"

Nope.  Rogers is only using the Cisco 3825 and various Hitron modems.  There are still some older SMC modems being used as well.  Arris ???  Nope.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation