dns issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

dns issues

seems that there are some dns issues in whitby.  this seems to happen more often then it used to, please check it out and fix this issue.

***Edited Labels.***

I'm an Advisor

Re: dns issues

@Untouchable:

dns issues are not usually specific to one location or geography or municipality.  You need to be more specific in describing the problem you are having, and your suspicions as to what could be the cause.

We would love to help, but need more info.

skinorth

I Plan to Stick Around

dns service issues causing slow internet and at times no connection,  seems to do this every few months the rogers reports that the issues with the dns service have been fixed.

I'm an Advisor

@Untouchable:

in your original posting you suggest: "please check it out and fix this issue".  I just want to prevent any possible misunderstandings.  We too are Rogers customers, pretty much like you.  We are not Rogers, and cannot "fix this issue", much as we would like to.

You mention "dns service issues causing slow internet and at times no connection".  dns issues can cause some slowness in Internet connection, and also connection issues.  A number of us have posted on problems we have seen with the Rogers dns servers.

Have you tried pointing your equipment at other dns servers, for example Google at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 (or any other dns servers out there) to determine if that will change your problem?

At this point we still don't know anything about what type of Internet connection you have, what equipment you are using, or what actually led you to conclude that you had dns issues.  Please help us here and tell us about what's been happening with you.

skinorth