disconnects and lag with Rogers Docsis 3 modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

disconnects and lag with Rogers Docsis 3 modem

I just upgraded from Express to Extreme and picked up the Docsis 3 modem from Rogers. I called Rogers tech and they have turn off the router/gateway function on the modem and I now have it plugged to my TL-WR1043ND wireless router

I do a lot of online gaming with my PS3 and I'm getting disconnects and lag with new Docsis 3 modem from Rogers.

I've tried everything and it is consistent getting me dropped from games. When I was on the express with my the standalone modem and my TL-WR1043ND router I had no problems even when my family was downloading or streaming. 

I have my PS3 in DMZ and tried opening ports and the issues still resides.

I really need help with this. I really don't want to downgrade to express again because of the bandwidth limit. I might have to look for another service provider that has a higher bandwidth limit if this doesn't work out.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: disconnects and lag with Rogers Docsis 3 modem

You dont need a docsis 3 modem for extreme, only extreme plus and faster need a docsis 3 modem. Is this happening only with your ps3 or all wireless devices on your network? Have you tried resetting your router to make sure it is receiving a different ip address than what you had on express, resetting your router will release the ip and renew
I'm Here A Lot

Did you purchase this modem?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I've resetted my modem many times and no I did not purchase their SMC modems.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had similar heated argument with the Rogers Rep when I did the upgrade from Express to Extreme.    I referred  the Rep to the Rogers website, and it clearly indicated that the $3.00 modem is under the Extreme package.   However, the Rep insisted the DOCSIS 3 is the only supported modem/gateway for Extreme (or above)  based on her info.  And I said it does not make sense that the public site has been showing the old info for many months.   And the end, she just asked if I want the Extreme or not!. If the answer is yes, the I have to get a DOCSIS 3 which costs $7.00 per month rental.    Anyhow, I too have the same problem with PS3 when playing on-line games with Extreme.