digital tv cable box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

digital tv cable box

Cannot bring up On Demand feature with an Explorer 3290 Box ! Have booted the box a couple times without any success.  Have also tried using the Guide button on the remote but it just brings up the Guide. 

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: digital tv cable box

This is by pressing the ON DEMAND button?

Have you tried manually going to channel 100? (which is really all that button does).

Do you get anything? or any error messages?

I'm Here A Lot

Im using the white ROD button [have also tried keying in 100 with same results]....all I get is a window stating ROD..accessing ROD service, One Moment please...after about 60 sec's. the ROD screen dissapears to black, for as long as I'v waited.  Have another cable box in another room and ROD is no problem on it ! ...[Thanks]

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like its either one of two things..

A ) something wrong with the box.

or

B ) more likely signal issue.  for RoD, it requires a really good signal, for the two way communications, etc. 

Was there ever a box on that outlet before, and was it working then?

I'm a Senior Advisor

On the older boxes, you have to press A to access ROD once you tune to the channel.  Have you tried that?

I'm Here A Lot

Tried the 'A' button after I had entered the ROD White button...nothing happened...thanks for the idea.   When my body allows it I  intend to switch the 2 boxes from their present TV's to see if that alters anything.  The one box, the older of the 2, sits in a cabinet under a 200 Lb. Sony Trinitron WEGA, not the easiest sucker to move around so will get at it when refreshed !!....[with any luck I'll break the Sony and go out and get a flat screen Samsung]

I'm a Senior Advisor

I would agree with Gdkitty that it could be a signal issue. Or else you could have a bad splitter that does not let the box communicate back to Rogers. Splitters need to be  5-1000 MHz, bidirectional.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Prob a good idea to schedule a tech out.. they can look and check to see the signal is ok, replace splitters as needed etc.

If that is all good.. one last thing, i have seen work ocassional for some... is have rogers REMOVE the box from the account.. and then re-add it.