deleting locked in Bookmarks Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilipMew
I've Been Around

deleting locked in Bookmarks Samsung Galaxy Note 3

There are 14  bookmarks that were pre-loaded on the phone. Can't move, delete, or change order.

Have downloaded Kies 3. Am I stuck with them ?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: deleting locked in Bookmarks Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Hello PhilipMew

Sadly you can not remove them unless you root the device. Most manufacturers lock them in. For what reason? Who knows. Most likely for advertising purposes.

Sadly nothing can be done:(. U can download Google Chrome, FireFox and other browsers and use those if u like

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PhilipMew

Sadly you can not remove them unless you root the device. Most manufacturers lock them in. For what reason? Who knows. Most likely for advertising purposes.

Sadly nothing can be done:(. U can download Google Chrome, FireFox and other browsers and use those if u like

View solution in original post

JohnnyMoustache
I've Been Around

Re:deleting locked in Bookmarks Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I love my note 3.  But i hate the bookmarks on the default browser that cannot be removed. Please kill that feature.  To me thats a deal breaker as my default browser is clogged with junk that will NEVER be used. Pls allow permissions to del bloatware. If the execs and branding people love it, can i send you some of my links? Promise youll never use them... 

smhk
I'm Here A Lot

This is 100% a terrible idea from a user experience point of view, on my Galaxy S8 there are 7 links that I NEVER USE and can't seem to remove because it's hard coded into the customer.xml in /system/CSC folder. Rogers if you are reading this please change the attributes for these from <Editable>no</Editable> to <Editable>yes</Editable> we should not have to root devices to delete a stupid bookmark