defective Rogers SciAtl box - how to properly fix or dispose of

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

defective Rogers SciAtl box - how to properly fix or dispose of

I have an old Rogers SciAtl 3250HD box that was purchased about 5-6 years ago.  Recently the box would work for a moment, then while watching a channel it shuts itself down and reboots.  The clock reappears -> turns back on again -> watch a channel for a few minutes -> shuts down -> reboot.  Then repeats over and over again.

I contacted Rogers and a tech came by and verified that there were no issues with the cable signal, and I tried the box on another outlet in my house and the same thing happens.  Therefore it is fairly certain that the SciAtl box had gone south.

1) Can Rogers repair this box?

2) If it cannot be repaired?  What is the proper way of disposing this box and de-registering it from my account?

3) Is this box a "write-off"?  Does Rogers offer any kind of credit for the box?

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: defective Rogers SciAtl box - how to properly fix or dispose of

That's a pretty old box, but since a replacement is worth around $300, it might be worth repairing. Checkout "The CableShoppe Inc." in Toronto. They repair most brands of cable boxes.